JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been using these holsters for years and IMO the Safariland ALS, SLS & ALS/SLS 6000 series holsters are by far the best overt/duty holsters available, but they can be made even better. Here are a few things I like to do to mine to improve them for my use.

1) If you have/train with multiple guns and/or multiple configurations the Safariland Quick Locking System (QLS) will save you from needing several belt setups, just pop one holster off, pop on another one and roll on. No more having to pull apart your belt pouches/gear to remove and add a holster and reassembling your belt setup. Just with my G19s...with and w/o WML, with and w/o an optic, with and without comp (Roland Special) would mean I need at least three holsters (six if I go both left and right handed). Toss in a Beretta 92, Walther PDP and Staccato-P, that's a lot of belt setups. The QLS a is major time and money saver to be able to switch holsters around at will. Another nice thing is you can attach the female receiving plate to just about anywhere like inside your safe door, under a car dash or desk, a home entertainment center, on the wall behind some curtains, wherever you want to stash a piece for fast access.

2) Everything has it's pros and cons, the two things I hate about Safariland 6000 series holsters are the $200+ price tag and that stupid forward cant. Short of finding a good deal on a used one you really can't help how much they cost, but the cant can be fixed. Canting holster forward is fine for CCW carried @ 3:30-4:30/7:30-8:30 but IMO overt holsters belong at 3 or 9 o'clock and have a straight drop or slight reverse cant. A forward cant forces one to roll their shoulder over forward and cock their wrist at a weird angle to get a grip on the pistol and then reserve it all to present the gun, not at all efficient in the economy of motion department. The straight drop feels so much more natural and smooth, just up and out with the arm. Getting older, lots of injuries over the years, a messed up neck and shoulder, etc., etc., I find myself putting a premium on gear that helps my comfort level. For carbines the #1 best thing I've done in this regard is move to optic mounts that are 1.93" and taller, for handguns that natural straight draw is it. The Centrifuge Training Negative Cant Plate (NCP-E and NCP) allows one to change the holster angle to a straight drop or up to about a 10 degree reverse cant. These are very well made high quality products, cant say enough good about them. Another big bonus for those the train often and LEO/Mil is the NCP-E (E for equipment) provides a mounting surface a variety of pouches or a small fixed blade knife. I've mounted a Evolution Universal TQ Pouch that will carry most popular TQs, I'm using a SOF-TT in mine. The NCP-E would equally well with a Eleven10 case and CAT TQ. Since we all have different bodies, defects, injuries, whatever some folks may prefer the forward cant that come on Safariland holsters, Centrifuge addresses this with the HAM or Holster Accessory Mount which is designed to provide the equipment mounting surface without altering the cant angle.

3) I've got to admit, when I was first introduced to the OT Defense Nub Mod I thought was just another gimmicky POS that served no purpose beyond separating you from your cash because the guy that turned me on to it is known for buying gimmicky POS that serve no purpose beyond separating you from your cash. But hey, I am man enough to admit I was wrong here, the Nub is a legit improvement over the factory release. It basically clamps over the top of the existing release to increase its size and improves the angled contact surface making it super easy to disengage the locking mechanism in order to draw the holster. Between the Nub and the NCP-E my draw has improved and really is just smooth and effortless.

While these products turn a $200-250 holster into a $300-350 holster, they are an improvement on an already excellent piece of gear and I really do like the upgrade, so money well spent. Also, both Centrifuge and OT Defense were Johnny on the spot with there shipping and easy to deal with, they will both get repeat business from me.

Look at that forward cant and what it does to the angle the Glock grip, yuck...
Nd9GcQNdzhKxXBxwZnIUiFFq5R9Cgl2-q8GsFO4tg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Here is my 6390RDS with the above mentioned improvements, you can see how the mounting reverses the angle...
IMG_2125.jpg

Safariland is finally catching on that not everyone likes their factory determined forward CANT and is starting to come out with some adjustable options. FINALLY.

This is their QUBL and if you watch the video, at the end it says it is cant adjustable for a straight up and down draw. It is also height adjustable...

This is their CUBL which stands for CANTABLE UBL and is user adjustable for CANT...but comes in a set ride height...

Safariland holsters are also compatible with G Code's RTI wheel and they have some mounts that are cant adjustable.

Lastly, I will second that the OTD Nub mod it the bombdiggity. Well worth the $25-$30. I'm actually surprised that Safariland hasn't upgraded their ALS buttons themselves. But then Safariland doesn't do anything quickly. It's taken them this long just to make hardware that is cant adjustable.

They are also notorious for making a modular product but then won't sell you a stand alone holster, forcing you to buy yet another mount when you already have several. But it's all about the Benjamins. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top