JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There ya go.

I bet a similar thing happened when the LCR in .357 came out and everybody dumped their .38 +P models.
I bet about 99% of the people who bought LCR's in .357 took them to the range, fired maybe 10 rounds of full-bore Magnum ammo thru them, and are now carrying them loaded with .38+P.

murphy's law says if something can go wrong it will. if you have a manual safety, train train train train train and then train some more to flick it off. and even then, under the heat of the moment you will still forget to flick the safety off. because murphy is a dick.

if you carry with the safety off, murphy will find some way to silently flick it on without you knowing. because he's a dick.

or get a gun without a manual safety and eliminate one more thing for murphy to bite you with.

Whay shocks me is that a gun company actually waited to announce a gun when they had them available. The shop I work at already has some coming in. The owner and I were laughing that it's the first time we've seen a gun announced and then actually been available within a short period, usually it's like a year later before you see one.

smith and wesson took what was already arguably the best single stack polymer 9mm/.40 pistols, and made it even better by offering the NTS model.

No safeties on carry guns for me!

:cool:
20140718_165613_zpsc3a0e9e3.jpg
factory trigger felt really good. I mean it.

Last Edited:
This thread cost me $400!

I have an XDs 9 because of the lack of manual safety. When I saw the Shield came out with one minus the safety I had to try it. The Shield trigger is 10x better than the XDs and I actually think the gun is more comfortable in my hands.

Y'all can safely holster, carry, unholster and fire a sidearm but you can't deal with a manual safety switch as well.....?

Seriously, I've trained for years as part of my concealed carry routine to make that minute movement with my thumb to "double check" that the safety is off as I draw. It isn't even an additional movement, I just do it as I draw.

I wouldn't personally want to limit myself to a certain gun because the one I want has an "evil" safety on it.

Just some thoughts, it's not directed at anyone - to each their own;).

Y'all can safely holster, carry, unholster and fire a sidearm but you can't deal with a manual safety switch as well.....?

Seriously, I've trained for years as part of my concealed carry routine to make that minute movement with my thumb to "double check" that the safety is off as I draw. It isn't even an additional movement, I just do it as I draw.

I wouldn't personally want to limit myself to a certain gun because the one I want has an "evil" safety on it.

Just some thoughts, it's not directed at anyone - to each their own;).

For me it's just my preference. I grew up with hand guns without safeties so that's what I'm comfortable with. In my mind its just one less thing to go wrong.

But like you said to each their own, some people are more comfortable with a safety and there's nothing wrong with that either.

I have nothing against safety, it's a good future.

but personally I did not like how small/low profile lever was. if it was like Glock extended slide lock style, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews