JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And to think we all thought a firearm could not accidentally fire. Now we can say, yes I have heard of a firearm accidentally firing without somebody pulling the trigger lol.

And to think we all thought a firearm could not accidentally fire. Now we can say, yes I have heard of a firearm accidentally firing without somebody pulling the trigger lol.
From the way they describe it, the gun was firing when the decocker was used to lower the hammer on a live round. That is not a good thing. We need a recall section to post things like this or make them stickies. This is a pretty major recall.

There has been no notice of this in the NRA magazine, American Rifleman, so thanks for alerting us! Is there anything that Smith and Wesson can't mess up? I have been looking for a snubby recently, but all four of the Smiths that I have examined had a LARGE air gap between the cylinder and the forcing cone. The gunshop guys get peeved when you notice that. Oh, and the Taurus snubbies now do not have solid barrels, but only a steel sleeve pressed into an aluminum barrel!

Thank heavens that I still have that old Interarms/Walther PPK that nobody wanted to buy!.....................elsullo :D

It appears serial numbers are pretty much a moot point regarding the recall. I just called and spoke to them and they said the recall effects "ALL" of the guns they have made in the past seven years...with no exceptions.

When I told them my PPK/S was not covered in the range they listed on their website they said they were not aware my gun even existed and that they would do some research and update the website. It appears someone forgot that they made the "Aristocrat" as part of the limited series (LTD) from numbers 0500LTD to 0650LTD.

This is not surprising.

The Walther PPK is getting a bad rep due to recent offerings.

Thank goodness I have W German made models of a 60's vintage. These have been flawlessly reliable. I bought my first PPK over thirty years ago. For many, many years I carried the PP. I still would be if it weren't for advances in alloy and in polymer which allow potent cartridges in a similarly small package.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top