JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
.38 special Smith & Wesson Model 10 Victory. Made sometime during WWII, made for the US market (not a british lend lease) . 620*** serial number. 95% excellent condition considering it almost being 70 years old. Looking for $400 or shoot me other offers on a trade, worst i can say is no. **added 2 H.K.S speed loaders

DSCF1416.jpg

DSCF1417.jpg

FYI, because it hasn't apparently been addressed:

As he said, it's "V" prefix for sure
It had a butt swivel "lanyard loop" originally, since removed.
It has 0% of the original war-time parkerized-type finish, but about 98% or more of a later yet apparently quality re-blue.
the gun was beyond question NOT a late-war Victory as stated. It was "early" or "mid" at the best.

I have bit my tongue for a few days but just want to help buyers/sellers get on the same page. If you are a buyer of a real WWII Victory and a lack of true finish does not freak you out, this is a good looking gun. The important part is this is a real US .38 special, vs. the much more prolific 5" .38 S&W guns the british bought, then sold back commercially and confused the issue. This is, at least, a real US gun, not a Brit lend/lease later with faked caliber.

Sorry to interject; just hope I can help.

FYI, because it hasn't apparently been addressed:

As he said, it's "V" prefix for sure
It had a butt swivel "lanyard loop" originally, since removed.
It has 0% of the original war-time parkerized-type finish, but about 98% or more of a later yet apparently quality re-blue.
the gun was beyond question NOT a late-war Victory as stated. It was "early" or "mid" at the best.

I have bit my tongue for a few days but just want to help buyers/sellers get on the same page. If you are a buyer of a real WWII Victory and a lack of true finish does not freak you out, this is a good looking gun. The important part is this is a real US .38 special, vs. the much more prolific 5" .38 S&W guns the british bought, then sold back commercially and confused the issue. This is, at least, a real US gun, not a Brit lend/lease later with faked caliber.

Sorry to interject; just hope I can help.

Thanks for the input. I really didnt know much about this gun, really helps out.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top