JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
.38 special Smith & Wesson Model 10 Victory. Made sometime during WWII, made for the US market (not a british lend lease) . 620*** serial number. 95% excellent condition considering it almost being 70 years old. Looking for $400 or shoot me other offers on a trade, worst i can say is no. **added 2 H.K.S speed loaders

DSCF1416.jpg

DSCF1417.jpg

FYI, because it hasn't apparently been addressed:

As he said, it's "V" prefix for sure
It had a butt swivel "lanyard loop" originally, since removed.
It has 0% of the original war-time parkerized-type finish, but about 98% or more of a later yet apparently quality re-blue.
the gun was beyond question NOT a late-war Victory as stated. It was "early" or "mid" at the best.

I have bit my tongue for a few days but just want to help buyers/sellers get on the same page. If you are a buyer of a real WWII Victory and a lack of true finish does not freak you out, this is a good looking gun. The important part is this is a real US .38 special, vs. the much more prolific 5" .38 S&W guns the british bought, then sold back commercially and confused the issue. This is, at least, a real US gun, not a Brit lend/lease later with faked caliber.

Sorry to interject; just hope I can help.

FYI, because it hasn't apparently been addressed:

As he said, it's "V" prefix for sure
It had a butt swivel "lanyard loop" originally, since removed.
It has 0% of the original war-time parkerized-type finish, but about 98% or more of a later yet apparently quality re-blue.
the gun was beyond question NOT a late-war Victory as stated. It was "early" or "mid" at the best.

I have bit my tongue for a few days but just want to help buyers/sellers get on the same page. If you are a buyer of a real WWII Victory and a lack of true finish does not freak you out, this is a good looking gun. The important part is this is a real US .38 special, vs. the much more prolific 5" .38 S&W guns the british bought, then sold back commercially and confused the issue. This is, at least, a real US gun, not a Brit lend/lease later with faked caliber.

Sorry to interject; just hope I can help.

Thanks for the input. I really didnt know much about this gun, really helps out.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top