JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$800
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
38 Special
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Title says it all. 1973-74 Model 36 no dash in matching box with tools and papers. Faint turn line, matching cylinder and stocks. Tricks of lighting betray the pristine finish in the images of this fine piece. Tool bag lost somewhere along the way but tools are included as are the papers. No trade interests. Travel to Portland metro are OK. $800

20240305_101040.jpg rt.jpg yoke.jpg butt.jpg stock.jpg tools.jpg box.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Title says it all. 1973-74 Model 36 no dash in matching box with tools and papers. Faint turn line, matching cylinder and stocks. Tricks of lighting betray the pristine finish in the images of this fine piece. Tool bag lost somewhere along the way but tools are included as are the papers. No trade interests. Travel to Portland metro are OK. $800

View attachment 1838986 View attachment 1838987 View attachment 1838988 View attachment 1838989 View attachment 1838990 View attachment 1838991 View attachment 1838992
Mike,
No dash, with the new thumb piece, ?
Methinks that is a 1966 vintage.
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Best,
Gary

My 3rd edition of Supica indicates that the SN J171453 was manufactured in 73-74, and that the thumbpiece change occurred in 1966. I appreciate the input Gary, what am I missing? AFIK it is original; my father bought this for my mother in that time period and she never fired it.
Mike

My 3rd edition of Supica indicates that the SN J171453 was manufactured in 73-74, and that the thumbpiece change occurred in 1966. I appreciate the input Gary, what am I missing? AFIK it is original; my father bought this for my mother in that time period and she never fired it.
Mike
Mike,
Ya got no dash.
The dash 1, came out in 1967.
Ya got no diamonds.
The diamond grips went away in 1968.
The serial # looks like 73-74
In reviewing the 2nd edition of the S&W catalog, it appears that perhaps the dash # on your gun was omitted for what ever reason. Monday gun?
At this point I am scratching my head.
🤔🤔

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.