JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$700
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
38 Special
City
Vernonia
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This is a rather gorgeous example of a Model 10 Smith. My research leads me to believe date of manufacture is between 1957 and 1959 1961, but the condition would certainly make you think otherwise. The bluing is almost immaculate, with only a few small imperfections. This example appears to have never been carried, and shot very little. I cannot stress enough how excellent this gun looks. It is a piece of art. I am admittedly not a revolver guy, so if you would like any additional photos please feel free to ask. I will try my best to provide details as requested.

No trades on this one. Buyer will meet at my shop in Vernonia for the transfer. Fee is included in the price.

20231208_155555.jpg 20231208_155609.jpg 20231208_155635.jpg 20231208_155652.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
This is a rather gorgeous example of a Model 10 Smith. My research leads me to believe date of manufacture is between 1957 and 1959, but the condition would certainly make you think otherwise. The bluing is almost immaculate, with only a few small imperfections. This example appears to have never been carried, and shot very little. I cannot stress enough how excellent this gun looks. It is a piece of art. I am admittedly not a revolver guy, so if you would like any additional photos please feel free to ask. I will try my best to provide details as requested.

No trades on this one. Buyer will meet at my shop in Vernonia for the transfer. Fee is included in the price.

View attachment 1778181 View attachment 1778182 View attachment 1778183 View attachment 1778184
nice gun, very good condition.
your s/n dates it to 1961

Story time-

The DOC (Prisons) used these through (in some cases) 2023. The reason is that they gave their "Senior Staff" the choice- stay with the .38 or learn and qualify with the Glock. Some Senior Staff chose to go until retirement sticking to the .38. Kind of a "Badge of honor" thing to them.

I attended the Academy in 1999, and my issue handgun was the S&W Mod 10 .38spl. I earned the Shooter pin, and enjoyed out performing the folks with autoloaders. Later I became a firearms Instructor and qualified Staff with the .38's for several years before moving on to Glock.

The Department has moved on to Glocks since, but I miss the 38's & shot them every chance I got until they went away.

Fun fact- At least one Institution mandated the cylinder be loaded (to start while in the holster) with 5 rounds & the hammer down on an empty chamber! This was the very early 2000's!

The Model 10 is an icon of US LE. It was widely used, and in a lot of cases was the last revolver an Agency had prior to going to autoloaders. We shot the heck out of ours, and I don't recall any issues.

This Model 10 is wonderful and represents a bygone era in US LE.

GLWS!

Best regards.

WMB

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.