JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Liberty Ammunition Company offers a Flame Thrower of a Load for the .357 Magnum. It's a 50gr. Nickel Plated Copper HP that is rated at 2100fps. for 490fpe.

Ido t even know what a 340PD is! :D

Let me put it this way.
Imagine holding a large firecracker in your hand, light the fuse and then squeeze your hand real tight.
That's what it feels like after just one round. Most folks don't shoot it more then twice and the second time is just to prove they're a real man.
The five rounds of .357 Magnum ammo feel like they weigh more then the gun.

Last Edited:
Liberty Ammunition Company offers a Flame Thrower of a Load for the .357 Magnum. It's a 50gr. Nickel Plated Copper HP that is rated at 2100fps. for 490fpe.
Those numbers seem wonky.
Hey to the OP, if heavy magnums aren't your cuppa (but then why have a magnum?), I have a couple boxes a 110gr +P+ Treasury loads I'm thinking of parting with..

I run Hornady Critical Defense in mine.
Less of a fireball and maybe a little less recoil, but I wasn't man enough to test it more then two shots and my best friend only once,
because he's smarter then me.

Why? I've done a few over a chronograph and the numbers show up even out of a 2-1/2" Smith and Wesson Model 19. I also tried a Smith Model 28 and its Numbers were a bit better but then it's a 6" tube. It ain't cheap but so far it's showing up very well.
Because if a 150 was going 2100 it'd be way more than 490 is why.

Oh you're right. Well that's just lame. lol
What's "Lame" about it? They've developed a CNC machined COPPER Bullet that is Nickel Plated and then they drive it really fast. Take a look at their website.
<broken link removed>

They call it Civil Defense. I'm not sure why. It's definitely "Defensive" but I'd call it anything BUT "Civil" especially in the results department.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews