JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked up this K38 yesterday. I am slowly falling in love with classic S&W revolvers. I have two model 29-2s, two model 629s, one model 36-1, one Model 3 American and now this 14-3 K38.

This newb to my collection is one of the cleanest and nicest K38s I have ever seen.
But....

The trigger has been jeweled and smoothened and the previous owner put some AWEFUL stocks on it.

My questions:
1. Where could I find a replacement trigger? It would need to be case colored and made for a K frame.

2. Where can I find some original S&W target grips for a 14-3?

If anyone out there has either item, please let me know and I'd be happy to buy or trade for them.

Here are some poor quality pics of the pistol as I picked it up last night...

2qjlnp1.jpg

1p87x3.jpg

dh5vyc.jpg

2uomhc0.jpg

s5l7ys.jpg

ioddvc.jpg

Nice looking revolver - I love the older S&W guns. Factory target grips are gonna cost you. When I was looking for a set for an N frame they were in the $140 plus range. I think the k frame target grips will be in the same ball park. You might check Brownells - search for "retro target grips". They are basically the same shape as the old factory grips but sans checkering. They run about $60 and are very nice grips (what I ended up using on my model 28.)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top