JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked up this K38 yesterday. I am slowly falling in love with classic S&W revolvers. I have two model 29-2s, two model 629s, one model 36-1, one Model 3 American and now this 14-3 K38.

This newb to my collection is one of the cleanest and nicest K38s I have ever seen.
But....

The trigger has been jeweled and smoothened and the previous owner put some AWEFUL stocks on it.

My questions:
1. Where could I find a replacement trigger? It would need to be case colored and made for a K frame.

2. Where can I find some original S&W target grips for a 14-3?

If anyone out there has either item, please let me know and I'd be happy to buy or trade for them.

Here are some poor quality pics of the pistol as I picked it up last night...

2qjlnp1.jpg

1p87x3.jpg

dh5vyc.jpg

2uomhc0.jpg

s5l7ys.jpg

ioddvc.jpg

Nice looking revolver - I love the older S&W guns. Factory target grips are gonna cost you. When I was looking for a set for an N frame they were in the $140 plus range. I think the k frame target grips will be in the same ball park. You might check Brownells - search for "retro target grips". They are basically the same shape as the old factory grips but sans checkering. They run about $60 and are very nice grips (what I ended up using on my model 28.)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top