JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In case anybody is running out of 22lr ammo... Load yer own damn it!

Here ya go!

Want to use yer reloading press? Here's the die:

Note: the powder can be used to reload primers. That's how I found out about these folks.

https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com/products/prime-all-repriming-compound

Caution: It is corrosive. Firearms should be cleaned right away. Not a big deal in reality, you just be lazy.. Here's a couple of links...

https://concernedpatriot.com/how-to-clean-corrosive-ammo/

I pray there will never be a day I need to buy this stuff.
I have to agree. I've been seeing the rimfire reloading kits for years now, and while they look interesting for someone who loves to tinker, I sure wouldn't want to ever need to rely on one.

I'd rather spend gunbroker scalper prices than spend hours upon hours loading enough .22 ammo to shoot.

It would still be fun to tinker with though, if I had the time and money.

Yep. Something to mess with. Seems like it might be good for the TEOTWAWKI stash. I will be getting it more for reloading 22WMR though. 22mag seems like it would be pretty handy if stuff goes full sideways. Probably need to keep an out for one. Currently we're good on 22lr for a couple of years at the current use rate.

I did get the powder though. I am going to reload some primers so I know how. Then I'll use those in my AK. I'll put the rest of the Prime-All powder in the stash. It keeps for 20 years unmixed.

I like @Reno's idea of Air Guns too. Seems like it would be good to have for back up and Ammo conservation. Gonna have to look into those more. I know nothing about them.

Yep. Something to mess with. Seems like it might be good for the TEOTWAWKI stash. I will be getting it more for reloading 22WMR though. 22mag seems like it would be pretty handy if stuff goes full sideways. Probably need to keep an out for one. Currently we're good on 22lr for a couple of years at the current use rate.

I did get the powder though. I am going to reload some primers so I know how. Then I'll use those in my AK. I'll put the rest of the Prime-All powder in the stash. It keeps for 20 years unmixed.

I like @Reno's idea of Air Guns too. Seems like it would be good to have for back up and Ammo conservation. Gonna have to look into those more. I know nothing about them.
Air guns, go from $ to $$$$$$$ depending on what you want out of them. I've been eyeballing Edgun for some time.

In case anybody is running out of 22lr ammo... Load yer own damn it!

Here ya go!

Want to use yer reloading press? Here's the die:

Note: the powder can be used to reload primers. That's how I found out about these folks.

https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com/products/prime-all-repriming-compound

Caution: It is corrosive. Firearms should be cleaned right away. Not a big deal in reality, you just be lazy.. Here's a couple of links...

https://concernedpatriot.com/how-to-clean-corrosive-ammo/

This looks great. Have you used any of this stuff yet? Anyone else out there?

This looks great. Have you used any of this stuff yet? Anyone else out there?
There's a guy on another forum who's made quite a science out of it, says it can be made to work well.

A word of warning: for the cost of the kit, you can buy a lot of .22 ammo, and even then you'll be spending a dollar's worth of time to load a dime's worth of ammo.

The only way it would be remotely efficient would be for someone with LOTS of spare time. I say that as a bullet caster and tinkerer who generally doesn't mind spending time tinkering.

For some people reloading is not worth the time. It is for me. For even more, casting isn't worth it. It is for me. Doing things like making gas checks and reloading .22 LR? That's a bridge too far, even for me...

I'll convert %100 to air rifles before I start reloading 22lr.
I watched one of the video's of how to use those kits. The first thing it made me do was start looking again at the higher end PCP guns. They have gotten VERY damn nice. Still pricey but, even that is coming down. One upside to the constant panic shortages I would guess. More have begun want to buy these. Been looking at a couple of them that are damn nice.

There's a guy on another forum who's made quite a science out of it, says it can be made to work well.

A word of warning: for the cost of the kit, you can buy a lot of .22 ammo, and even then you'll be spending a dollar's worth of time to load a dime's worth of ammo.

The only way it would be remotely efficient would be for someone with LOTS of spare time. I say that as a bullet caster and tinkerer who generally doesn't mind spending time tinkering.

For some people reloading is not worth the time. It is for me. For even more, casting isn't worth it. It is for me. Doing things like making gas checks and reloading .22 LR? That's a bridge too far, even for me...
One thing I never thought about when I was younger, and that's the value of my time in terms of actual dollars and cents. I bought a complete reloading setup last year because I have a few older rifles (8mm Mauser, .30-'06) and some newer ones chambered in non-NATO calibers. With those rounds going for up to $2/apiece, it makes sense. But for .22LR?

Like you said, I think it depends on how much free time you have, your financial situation and how much pleasure you get out of reloading; a math problem each of us has to work out solo ... over and over again! :-D

I'll convert %100 to air rifles before I start reloading 22lr.

Me too!

I will shoot my 1938 Red Ryder replica or just completely go to all of my knives, axes and 'hawks.

I did know an older man who is now dead who was on another forum and HE did reload some RF ammunition. He spoke about it many years ago.

In my former state, at one of the gun clubs that I was asked to join but did not join due to the distance in bad weather, there were many teens on one specific shooting team. They shot some really EXPENSIVE air rifles and were very proficient shooters! The teens were in Junior Olympics or some other group. I am NOT positive now if it was JO or what now. Sorry.

Fun times! I really enjoyed watching them shoot with some of the other adults. I NEVER knew that there were so many TYPES of air rifles and what price ranges they came in until I was there to see it at that old conservation club super close to the lake.

I have mentioned this before but I do know one OLDER man (And a few others online.) who were on other long gone forums who totally GOT OUT of ALL of their RF firearms. This was years ago especially when the RF shortages went on for several YEARS. Some states were hit harder than others as we all know. Plus one state might have product in one area or one store but not in others. Etc. Various reasons for that too.

They got fed up even though they had plenty of RF STOCK ON HAND. They had already downsized somewhat and consolidated their firearm calibers at an older age too.

They just said, "Blank it!" They SOLD their RF firearms from a to z. They sold their RF stock alone and some as a package deal. Those older men bought some CF factory ammo AND they reloaded for a LONG time too.

They did see the various REASONS way back when (As we see NOW.) why some so called fake/real SHORTAGES were going on but they did believe as I DO that there WAS a HUGE market manipulation going on too. I believe that it IS going on now too. Plus there are many other factors going on now that are causing the shortages.

I DO hold the LARGE ammunition factories responsible to a degree too. Consolidation of companies - buy outs - more mergers and so forth from a to z. THROW in all of the reasons from the PAST and NOW too.

I find it odd that so many people (NOT YOU but all over the WWWeb.) ALWAYS defend the BIG companies that have a HOLD - a monopoly and talk about how expensive it is to add more lines, upgrade, build more factories, etc.

NO kidding - it takes MONEY TO MAKE MONEY! That is NOTHING new. It works for any product that is mass produced or on a smaller scale.

But some men always defend the HUGE company (One or two of those companies!) that has a MAIN HOLD in RF or CF ammunition or shotgun shells or primers or bullets or powder or brass especially since there are so FEW COMPANIES out there that stand alone in this day and age.

Take care.

Cate
Typos and added more.

Last Edited:
I could see it in Alaska, maybe, as there might not be a reliable supply and you use it for subsistence I would lose half my cases unless a manual action.

It would be interesting at first

I can buy a lot of pellets and I have a lot of 22LR, maybe 20,000

I have thought of the idea of Air Rifles as a substitute for .22 rifles in hunting.
But the use of a Air Rifle for small game and grouse in not legal in Washington , so not for me , yet.

While you can hunt other animals that are considered "unclassified animals" , like starlings , possums and a few others...I ain't interested in those.

Be sure to check your state's game laws before venturing forth to hunt.

And yes I understand that game laws won't be around in SHTF / TEOTWAWKI ...Just stating the above as something to consider for the world as it is , now.

As far as the use of a re-loading kit for .22LR , I like the idea , but seems a bit of too much of a hassle , for me at least.
Andy

Good info on hunting. I had not even thought of that. It would be a big PITA to get popped hunting with one of the high end air rifles and get a damn citation for doing it because you did not know, ouch.
The more I look at the one Sig makes the more sure I am I am going to buy one just to play with though. Can set up in my secret indoor range (garage :D) and get in some trigger time when I do not get to the range :D:D:D

Seems like this kit would be of some use for folks with obsolete rimfire calibers, would this kit/powder work for making 32Rf or 44rf rounds?
I would think the powder would. No reason it wouldn't. The molds and die no. They may know a source and it would be worth reaching out to them. If not you might suggest that it would be a good side line for them to develop.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top