JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a rule on the forum about people who post dangerous, dumb, or otherwise wrong activities?
In the last few weeks, I've seen posts with pictures firing across roads. I've seen posts with video links to people doing stupid and dangerous activities, such as bump-firing. People might argue that bump-firing isn't dangerous, but it is to new shooters.
We get a lot of novice shooters on the forums around here. It seems that if people should be regulating themselves on what they post. Short of that, are there rules regarding this (other than no posting illegal activities).

Great job with a great forum. Thanks to the moderators for their hard work.

Agreed, we don't want to be nannies. But we don't want to be seen as idiots or criminals either.

We do frown on talk of criminal activity especially people speaking about breaking the law in regards to gun purchases and have even taken action in the past week against this kind of activity.

You are welcome to turn in a post you feel violated the rules or the law, most of what we do as moderators comes from member initiated "Reported posts".

There is a little white and red triangle icon in the lower left hand corner of each post for just this reason.

As long as they don't endanger anybody but themselves, I say it's gene pool cleansing. If we see someone doing something that looks dangerous to someone else, then we should call them on it. I don't believe in locking the thread unless it becomes uncivilized as folks can also learn from the responses of forum members regarding unsafe practices.

Also, there are some practices that some would deem unsafe that others would feel are perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, gene pool cleansing has a nasty tendency to spread like a disease. But, I guess I'm in the minority. So the mods can close this thread. No more point in talking about it.

You could view those posts as an opportunity ...

to raise people's awareness that the activities pictured are dumb, dangerous or otherwise wrong. They either might not be aware or the others reading the thread may not be aware.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR