JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like Ruger has added another 22 single action revolver (Wrangler) Retail is aprox $250. It has a few finish variations. Probably be another winner for Ruger as a starter pistol.

upload_2019-4-20_7-11-17.jpeg

Pretty cool little blaster.

LOOKS cheaper in appearance than even the Heritage Rough Riders

The color is not flattering, and that casting line running down the frame is not winning any beauty contests. With that said, I sure would like to believe that the QC is better than the HRR. I'd still rather pay another $100 and get a used single six.

One review I read said that the grip frame was some kind of zinc alloy, which didn't give me the warm fuzzies. I'll probably stick with my beat up old single six in any case, but I was glad to see Ruger try something new.

From the coloration, and the 24,000 PSI operating pressure, I say steel. At a minimum steel liners, but they look to be steel. Liability issues.
Of note, my 1959 Colt Frontier Scout .22 Magnum is alloy-framed - I think one of the first firearm uses of Zamak.

Already ordered one, $199 with free shipping and no CC fee ... how can you go wrong! And, since I already have all the other finishes in my revolver corral, I opted for Burnt Bronze! I think they were very wise to let 'good' be 'good enough' (and I think their casting is VERY good) They got the price down to where they'll sell a ton of 'em! and Made in the USA!

Good move Ruger!

Now to see how long it takes to actually get one!

Ya, I'm kind of thinking a pair of these and a cowboy style holster get up is definitely in the future.

I'm hoping these drop to closer to $150!

I sent Ruger an email. If they are aluminum alloy like the airweight SW 22 revolvers, I would pass. Too much potential for chamber dilation and difficult ejection.
Seeing as they left the cylinder black in all three colors, makes me think it's blue steel. Doesn't look anodized, and at the price, I'm thinking they wouldn't cerakote aluminum cylinders black separately.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top