Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Ruger Wrangler

OP
drstrangelove
Reactions

Dallas Ken

Reactions
Looks like Ruger has added another 22 single action revolver (Wrangler) Retail is aprox $250. It has a few finish variations. Probably be another winner for Ruger as a starter pistol.

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
LOOKS cheaper in appearance than even the Heritage Rough Riders
The color is not flattering, and that casting line running down the frame is not winning any beauty contests. With that said, I sure would like to believe that the QC is better than the HRR. I'd still rather pay another $100 and get a used single six.

Reactions
One review I read said that the grip frame was some kind of zinc alloy, which didn't give me the warm fuzzies. I'll probably stick with my beat up old single six in any case, but I was glad to see Ruger try something new.

po18guy

Reactions
From the coloration, and the 24,000 PSI operating pressure, I say steel. At a minimum steel liners, but they look to be steel. Liability issues.
Of note, my 1959 Colt Frontier Scout .22 Magnum is alloy-framed - I think one of the first firearm uses of Zamak.

Reactions: GOG
Reactions
Already ordered one, $199 with free shipping and no CC fee ... how can you go wrong! And, since I already have all the other finishes in my revolver corral, I opted for Burnt Bronze! I think they were very wise to let 'good' be 'good enough' (and I think their casting is VERY good) They got the price down to where they'll sell a ton of 'em! and Made in the USA!

Good move Ruger!

Now to see how long it takes to actually get one!

Reno

Reactions
Ya, I’m kind of thinking a pair of these and a cowboy style holster get up is definitely in the future.

I’m hoping these drop to closer to $150!

Reno

Reactions
I sent Ruger an email. If they are aluminum alloy like the airweight SW 22 revolvers, I would pass. Too much potential for chamber dilation and difficult ejection.
Seeing as they left the cylinder black in all three colors, makes me think it’s blue steel. Doesn’t look anodized, and at the price, I’m thinking they wouldn’t cerakote aluminum cylinders black separately.

If they release one in .22 WMR I'll pick one up for sure!

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online