JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like my 3" SP101. I used snap caps and dry fired it roughly 2000 times, broke it down and thoroughly cleaned and lubed the action. Live fired roughly 500 rounds of various ammo. Then broke it down again and thoroughly cleaned and lubed the action. After that I put in a Wolff spring kit (10lb mainspring) and have not had any problems with light primer strikes. Though I did use the stock trigger spring.

I like some of the .38 special offerings from Buffalo Bore and Underwood ammo in 150gr hard cast wadcutters, 158gr Soft Lead SWC-HC I also have tried those in +P offerings and like those as well. Depending on what critters you are looking at maybe +P 158 gr. hard cast Keith type load as well.

As far as .357 magnum, I like Hornady 125gr jacketed FTX round or Remington Golden Saber 125 grain brass jacketed hollow points. These seem to be somewhat milder .357 magnum loads as opposed to the well regarded, though potent Federal (C357B) 125gr JHP.

I find I like my Hogue grips on my 3" SP101, absorbs recoil nicely and gives me the right distance for my trigger finger.

Last Edited: