JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious what region you were hunting or scouting. A very good point. I'd think a good 9 mm or 40 caliber compact or subcompact would also work here. I have a
Springfield 40 xds subcompact which I think would is a nice trail gun, but sp 101 is super any way.

There was a lot of growers in the NE Oregon region with a few headline events. I think the growers were in canyons and drainages. But the La Grand area sheriff did warn hunters and hikers to be armed. I think the NE raid that i read about netted a few ak 47's. The grow was discovered by several hunters. The grow site was a slum and took sheriff's staff to clean the site for days.

IMHO, the .357 magnum only does its thing by virtue of its velocity! 3" less than, 4" less than the optimum 6"! A slow .357 is just a .38. Good luck on your new revolver! :)

Picked her up this afternoon! This weekend I'll take a chrono out and see what the difference is between 3" and 4" just to have the numbers for everyone here lol IMG_20170329_142541690_HDR.jpg

So I am finding it hard to find iwb holster for the 3". Anybody got a good link to some? Pricey is ok if the quality is there.

Ted Blocker out in Tigard custom makes. At the worse you'd leave your gun with them to use as the mold if they didn't have one already. They made my wife's holster for her SP101.

Here's a recent video on revolver barrel lengths vs velocity with some surprising results.
Too bad they didn't use a hacksaw or a couple Dan Wesson's.. but it is what it is..

Here's a recent video on revolver barrel lengths vs velocity with some surprising results.
Too bad they didn't use a hacksaw or a couple Dan Wesson's.. but it is what it is..

I did go and shoot it last weekend. I was excited I even took my camcorder to record the whole thing. My buddy comes over and we head off to a spot to shoot. When we get there he says 'I forgot the chrono'. I was a little sad haha but I had a great time shooting the sp101 with the hot 357 rounds I reloaded.

I've done tons of sp101's in various lengths. If you would like to set up an appointment I can have most IWB style holsters done in about 2 hours. I work with kydex primarily if that is the type of holster you may be interested in.

As mentioned above Ted Blocker is a great place for custom leather work and a good local family run shop.

If I can help please send me a message and we can setup a time.

Ryan

I think you're going to like your SP101. Should work very well for concealed carry. There are grip inserts available if you care to change yours out. There are also quite a few youtube videos of polishing the trigger if you would like to go that route, bit it's probably not necessary. Just be aware that it's not going to be very comfortable shooting more than a few .357s at a time.

You may find that you end up getting a big brother for it. I love my 4" GP100.

Oops - didn't notice your post about already taking it out once. Nice gun isn't it?