JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whilst wandering about Ruger's site for an unrelated project, I happened upon this:

1.jpg

Hmmm ... .308 Winchester, 10-rounds, light, and already threaded for a can. (The silencer I have in the pipeline will handle this cartridge as well.) I've been kicking around something in 7.62㎜ NATO for a while, with the M1A chief among them, but this little rifle does look interesting.

I don't know much about these, but it does look interesting. Anyone have experience with said?

Had one for a bit (Gunsite Scout), REALLY NICE RIFLE!

Sold it off, got a Mossberg MVP scout rifle to fill the similar role of the gunsite. Only went with the MVP over the gunsite due to magazine compatibility with our AR10 platforms & Ruger precision.

The Ruger is a better rifle vs the MVP.

I've handled both and the Ruger felt like a much higher quality rifle.
I also remember hearing that Mossberg revised the design of its bolt because the "jaw" that dropped down to push the cartridge out of the magazine was weak.

While I have no experience with this specific rifle, I DO have experience with it's bigger brothers, the Ruger Hawk Eye Guide's in both .30/06 and .338 Win, both have threaded barrels, and are light and handy! If one wanted increased mag capacity, a bottom metal conversion/ACIS pattern mag well and mags are available for them, though that drives the cost up!
We have three of the Guides, two in .30/06 and currently one in .338 and they shoot lights out all day long, and are a very handy size and weight, and I find the sights to be quite good right out of the box! Bonus is the Wife's was super easy to tune length of pull, slipped out a few shims and she was good to go!

I got one in left hand action back when they were first coming out. It was on consignment for $599.00 with a 5 and 10 rd mag. Its a great proven Mauser action. I added an M240 MG rail at the end of the stock (sling swivel plus epoxy holds it in super tight) for a light if I need it.
Rhodesian Sling

DA1400A0-89E1-40DB-94B2-057D56EFF9D9.jpeg 8EAA20B7-7459-4DD9-B29B-B805E3D02D31.jpeg 15ED9B2F-17AC-4993-B108-0951624747B4.png

While I have no experience with this specific rifle, I DO have experience with it's bigger brothers, the Ruger Hawk Eye Guide's in both .30/06 and .338 Win, both have threaded barrels, and are light and handy! If one wanted increased mag capacity, a bottom metal conversion/ACIS pattern mag well and mags are available for them, though that drives the cost up!
We have three of the Guides, two in .30/06 and currently one in .338 and they shoot lights out all day long, and are a very handy size and weight, and I find the sights to be quite good right out of the box! Bonus is the Wife's was super easy to tune length of pull, slipped out a few shims and she was good to go!

In my case mag capacity was fine for the Ruger scout. Just wanted to streamline the mag type across most of our .308's is all. So now "mostly" LR/SR & HK/CETME types.

You know, for the zombie & space alien necropolis...o_O

Shoulda kept it. But, danged if preparing for the necropolis doesn't make for some tough calls. o_O:confused::eek:

Neat rifle....
Be neat if they made one in 7.62x39mm and had it use AK magazines.
That said...I wouldn't kick one away in .308 or .223...:D
Andy

00A7E040-F43C-4C62-8F3C-189F2A0D75B0.jpeg

View attachment 688725

Oh my ... can't ... look ... away.

P1060200.jpg

P1010016.jpg

I've owned the Gunsite Scout in both walnut and synthetic. The walnut version went down the road, as the walnut was much too nice to drag thru the mud. I worry far less about the synthetic version.

These are both exquisite rifles.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads