JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had the opportunity to get my hands on a Ruger PC-9 Takedown a little over a week ago and I've been running it through some paces.

First impression:
It's heavy, solid and probably well overbuilt like nearly everything Ruger makes. I had zero intentions of using the SR magazine it came with so I swapped it out for the Glock insert and purchased a good selection of Magpul G9 mags. Zero failure to feeds except the one because I didn't seat the magazine.

Sights:
Ghost ring work well, I was able to put rounds on target from 25-200 yards using Minute of Man.
1E809BB0-C9ED-4199-98CC-32B70F2F4978.jpeg

Cycling:
So far it has shot everything I have asked it to in the form of reloads with different weights of lead and varied powder amounts. 115-147gr.

Trigger:
As expected on a Ruger.

I decided to mount a Vortex Crossfire II 1-4 optic on top of it because my intent was to keep it electronics free but have a good precise POA at 0-100y.

7AC58952-F56F-43A1-8A82-BF8D1EB2220D.jpeg

I managed to put varied rounds within a 4" circle at 100y using the optic on 4x.

Ran it suppressed tonight for the first time and it's telling me that I can run even slower velocities. Still getting some supersonic crack.

Ran well, a lot of blowback especially when running a dirty powder and makes a nice cloud of smoke around you.

So far I really like it. If you are in the fence, look me up next time you are down here and bring some 9mm ammo... 7395CAA4-9F4E-48D9-83D8-EEBAF8E81BB6.jpeg

Yeah I'd buy another in a different caliber without hesitation like .45 ACP....?

Last Edited:
Found a subsonic recipe.

147gr XTP
3.5gr CFE-Pistol

Loaded a bunch, will post video running subsonic when I hit the range.

Update:

I have discovered I need a brass catcher for this rifle. It absolute SLINGS the brass. Because of this, I've rotated the bolt handle to the left side of the receiver so the brass catcher can mount flush to the right side.

By far my favorite gun in my stable at the moment. No its not as light as some, no its not as accurate as some, but it puts a smile on my face every time I shoot it, and is much cheaper to feed than my ARs. Well, that's subjective, it's cheaper per round to shoot, but I tend to shoot more rounds with my PC. :) I have a SPARC II on mine, and it hits everything I put the dot on, and eats everything it is fed.

I've been on the fence about these, mostly because I'd prefer one in .45acp, but I like seeing the reports on them. Sounds like Ruger did it right this time. Now on to .45acp

Ya, these are pretty freaking cool little carbines. If only they came out with it a long time ago. It would have saved mean lot of money chasing the best PCC.

Found a subsonic recipe.

147gr XTP
3.5gr CFE-Pistol

Loaded a bunch, will post video running subsonic when I hit the range.

Update:

I have discovered I need a brass catcher for this rifle. It absolute SLINGS the brass. Because of this, I've rotated the bolt handle to the left side of the receiver so the brass catcher can mount flush to the right side.

Thanks for the reference. I picked one of these up and have enjoyed it the few trips out to the range. I agree on the brass catcher, after the first trip I added a brass catcher to the mix.

I am waiting on the tax stamp for a couple suppressors I plan to run on this rifle. So far, I have just ran 115 grain factory FMJ loads and some 124 grain coated reloads through it, and it works great. Haven't ran anything across a chrono though, so this info is helpful.

Last Edited:
Found a subsonic recipe.

Update:

I use a Caldwell for mine made for AR's, works great. Uses the little mount that attaches to the rail. The mount does block the iron sights enough to make them hard to use. Works fine of course with any optic. I modified one to allow the charging handle to be used on the right since I originally wanted it for my 10mm. On my Ruger I moved the charging handle left just because I like it better.

After quite a few range trips with this rifle, I'm still impressed and well pleased with the purchase.

Now I need one in another caliber...

Oh and I can still run slower velocity than the 3.5gr of powder I'm putting behind it.

Next batch will be 3.0gr.

After quite a few range trips with this rifle, I'm still impressed and well pleased with the purchase.

Now I need one in another caliber...

Oh and I can still run slower velocity than the 3.5gr of powder I'm putting behind it.

Next batch will be 3.0gr.

More than 2000 rounds through mine over last year, I love it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top