JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$340
Manufacturer
Ruger
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Black powder Ruger Old Army cap & ball pistol. Needs a good scrubbing and is missing the nipples.
Some light surface rust, but it functions fine. the bore is good.
This a steal at $340.
Call Bruce Reynolds at 503-569-3657 (cell) I have an FFL and can do the background check. IMG_0609.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Bit of info.
Background checks are not required for cap and ball revolvers, or other blackpowder guns or replicas as they are exempt under federal law. As being exempt they can shipped from private person to another dirrectly to thier home.

Except certain makes and models that the ATF lists such as Thompson Center actions that can change from blackpowder barrel to modern cartridge barrels etc as other models. Hope this helps.:)

Last Edited:
The Ruger Old Army is one of those guns that can easily be converted to a modern cartridge revolver simply by buying a .45 long Colt cylinder for it. Thanks for looking out for me.

Yes it would have to have a special cylinder that has firing pins built into them. I've owned a few Ruger old armys. But as they ship from the factory as straight black powder with percussion cap nipples they are considered to be black powder cap and ball revolver, and as such are exempt from background checks by the federal government . If they are a factory conversion originally built as such and sold as a cartridge gun, then a background check would be required. A call to the ATF will confirm this. Good luck with your sale, they are nice guns.:)

Nice pistols. Are blackpowder and no FFL needed.

My ROA has shot some great groups over the years. Groups better than a lot of modern revolvers can. Play around with the powder charge to find the sweet spot.

Load, pop the cap, enjoy the smoke and hit your target. This is what shooting is all about.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.