JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully someone can help. I am looking at doing a "project" and need to get a Ruger MKII bolt. I'd prefer the entire assembly (extractor, firing pin, springs, etc, etc, etc.). Drop-in and ready to use in a MKII.

Doing an eBay search there are some posted but they are supposedly for different models. There is one that I would consider "reasonably priced" but says it is for a MKIV. I don't not have extensive knowledge on the every little difference between the MKII and MKIV, but I do know that the MKIV take-down is different. That is all I know about the two differences.

The only difference that I can see between the MKII and MKIV is the ears are different. This is no big deal for my "project" but I want to know if the MKIV bolt assy will fit in a MKII upper and function.

I'd love to hear from those with more knowledge.

Again, I am looking for a complete bolt assy. If anyone has one laying around let me know.

Thanks!

Ruger MKII.jpg

Ruger MKIV.jpg

Mk1 & 2 I have a comple ruger bolt with recoil spring & one without recoil spring and I have a couple main spring housing available as well if needed.
Ruger started adding a last round hold open after the mk2 I believe

Any help would be appreciated.

If the the only difference between the MKII and MKIV bolts are the ears, that would be great knowledge.

Everything else LOOKS the same between the two. But who knows if Ruger changed the dimensions by a few thousandths between the two.

Taking out the MKIV bolt and putting it in a MKII, then slide cycling some dummy rounds would be great knowledge.

Thank you!

Quick google search shows volquartsen's competition bolt fits Ruger mkii, mkiii and mkiv. I'd bet the bolts are dimensionally identical aside from the ears. *Tangentially the worst possible modification through the generations imo.

* channeling my inner @CountryGent

Thank you. I also found:

Mark IV bolts can be used in Ruger's Mark I, Mark II and Mark III pistols, including the 22/45 versions, but fitting/gunsmithing work may be required, and certain functions -- like the bolt-hold open, or safeties -- may not work if combined with receivers and parts other than those made for Ruger Mark 4 pistols. Please read the following carefully:

If a Ruger MK 4 bolt is used in a stock Ruger MK 1, the safety, when engaged, will not lock the bolt in the closed or hold-open position. The safety can be engaged (blocking the trigger) while the bolt is cycled to chamber a round.

If a Ruger MK 4 bolt is used in a stock Ruger MK 2, the pistol will function the same as it did with its Ruger MK 2 bolt.

If a Ruger MK 4 bolt is used in a stock Ruger MK 3, the bolt will not fit, and the pistol will not function unless the loaded-chamber indicator is removed from the pistol first; once the loaded-chamber indicator is removed, the pistol will function the same as it did with its MK 3 bolt.

This Ruger MK 4 bolt would be a direct replacement ("drop in" part) in a stock Ruger MK 4 pistol.

This Mark IV bolt would be a "drop in" fit for a Tactical Solutions PAC-LITE IV™ upgrade barrel/receiver since the PAC-LITE IV is designed to use Ruger® Mark IV™ or Mark IV™ 22/45™ parts. This Mark IV bolt may not be a drop-in part for earlier versions of a Tactical Solutions PAC-LITE barreled-receiver; you would need to consult with a gunsmith if you were planning to use this Mark IV bolt in an earlier version than a PAC-LITE IV.

And........

Ruger MKIV bolt:

Fits all Ruger MKII models including 22/45.
Fits all Ruger MKIII models including 22/45 (when installing on MKIII, the loaded chamber indicator needs to be removed).
Fits all Ruger MKIV models including Standard, Target, Hunter, Competition, 22/45, 22/45 LITE, and the Tactical models.

The ebay seller in the above link is actually Volquartsen. You get the factory bolt with the Volquartsen firing pin and extractor. That's a good price considering the VQ upgrades….

I hear ya.

$45 with the upgrades was reasonable to me. It was still a little more than I wanted to spend on a bolt assy, but I figured "get it now while it's available at this price. Who know's what it will be next year.

Now that I have one coming for the MKIV, I am still looking for a MKI/II/III bolt.

I am going to be working on a project and need the different bolts for the different "ear" configurations.

I hear ya.

$45 with the upgrades was reasonable to me. It was still a little more than I wanted to spend on a bolt assy, but I figured "get it now while it's available at this price. Who know's what it will be next year.

Now that I have one coming for the MKIV, I am still looking for a MKI/II/III bolt.

I am going to be working on a project and need the different bolts for the different "ear" configurations.
Try here: https://store.wirthweinguns.com/category-s/313.htm
Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. They ain't cheap……, but I'll
help you spend your money. 🤣

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR