JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmmm looks mean and ugly..... I can imagine supply will soon be outstripped by demand. A LOT of folks will be wanting this one. I won't be for at least a while.... just bought a new FN AR, I really wanted a .308 caliber gun for the primary.... wouldn't mind a .223/5.56, but this one will have to wait. It does look like a lot of the features listed for this one are also standard on the FN... gas operated, chrome lined hammer forged barrel, rails, large cap magazines (I think the stock ones are 20, and I also think 30's are available). Guaranteed 1 MOA accuracy... the ONLY gripe I've got, and I'll have to work out something, is that there are no iron sights, as there ARE on this new Ruger. I don't like relying totally on an optical glass device for sighting.... there's always that "what if?" scenario... then "what now?" comes begging......

this does look llike a light weight, small, accurate, rugged, capable piece...... though a bit dear. I spent WAY less than this on the new FN AR...... although I have to admit, FN make a few .223 models, which I'll have to compare with this new Ruger beast.......

black and ugly..... I'd never have thought I'd actually OWN one a year ago. The times they are a changing......

Nice gun. I've always liked Rugers.

I'm having a hard time justifying that price for the average guy like me. I'm sure it's a better gun, and apparently gas operated if that floats my boat, but when it comes to paying double for an AR, I'd have to think about it.

What am I missing?

??

I know what you mean Gunner it is undoubtedly a nice rifle but you can buy many other quality AR's for a whole lot less...still nice to see Ruger enter this market, maybe prices will drop:s0114:

Well, another issue is that AR parts are largely interchangeable and easy to get. I wonder if that's true with this, especially since it appears to have some differences? I also wonder about mags, since I like the Cammenga mags?

On second look, it appears to be piston driven which they say keeps it cooler and more reliable.

I wonder if their real goal is military sales?

With Del-Ton and Bushmaster listing around $800, I won't be buying one of these real soon, but that's just me.

I am not an AR guy, but it seems Ruger has put together a neat package of parts from a few different sources (and the parts seem to play well together). The adjustable gas block is also pretty cool.

I was really hoping for a .45 carbine or 7.62x25mm carbine. Sigh.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top