Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger flash hider position

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by nwwoodsman, Mar 5, 2015.

1. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Took the flash hider off so I could swap out the hand guard. After putting it back on I noticed that neither the gap or solid part part aline with the top center of the barrel. Didn't think before to check if they did. Anyone think think this will be an issue?

20150305_201323.jpg

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Did it have a crush washer? If so did you use a new one? Personally It would bug me not to have it line up better than that and I think it should have a slot at 12 o'clock

3. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Did use the old crush washer that it came with. Mistake? They lack of symetry is what is driving me nuts but torqued it to 30lbs and this is how it ended up.....

4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I always try and use a new crush washer, Its so close to right though I would not stress about giving it another little nudge to line it up. That 30 Ft/lbs is a target, not a hard spec. The 35 or what ever it takes to get it to line up wont be a problem

nwwoodsman likes this.
  5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

It doesn't matter! Other than cosmetics!

I never use new crush washers and never have them come loose, and some just go back on at maybe 20 pounds! If it's something that's a full auto well that's a different story..I would add a drop of loctite!

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Loctite breaks down with heat and becomes non functioning anyway, and on a full auto heat is the game name :)

7. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

They make heat resistant loctite- it's the red one. Use it on car engines all the time.