Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
Defensive Arts
Oregon Rifleworks
Gun Deals
RifleClass.com
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Ruger American Rimfire

Reactions
Looking to pick up a .22LR bolt gun, and of course I want all the things for not all the money.. How close can I get? It looks like the Ruger American might be the closest thing. The list below is what I want

Full size stock (13.75" or 14" LOP)
16" (willing to go up to 18") barrel, with a heavier profile
Detachable mag, minimum 10rd
Under $400

Threaded is a plus
Wood stock would be a plus
Iron sights would be a plus

I was looking at a Remington 597 today at my LGS and I really like it, weight, stock, barrel, mag release, comes with a cheap optic, right at $200. If it was a bolt rifle, it would have come home with me, and it still might.

Dyjital

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Law Around Here
  • Woke Up Like This
Those rifles shoot very well. I have had great luck with the three rimfire (and multiple centerfire) variants that I own.
Their positives are the cold hammer forged barrel and if you get the non-pencil version in the medium weight barrel it's going to be a great and accurate shooter.

Magazines are the bonus reason too!
My Ruger Rimfire in .22LR really likes the CCI standards. about a dime/nickle size group at 50 with a 3-9 Nikon P-Rimfire.

Reno

Reactions
I’ve got this guy. Fits close to all of your requirements minus the iron sights part. I recently started shooting it a lot more. It does 10 shot groups in one ragged hole at 50. Sounds amazing with Standard Velocity and a can. I plink with it for hours at the silhouette range these days.

If your looking for all of the above, but a short stock. @LuckySG has(?) $100 Armscor Bolt actions in stock.

Dyjital

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Law Around Here
  • Woke Up Like This
I have the similar to Reno but in stainless and black.

I've considered parting ways with it for the Rimfire Precision but it shoots so darn good it is hard to really release my grip on it.

Reno

Reactions
I have the similar to Reno but in stainless and black.

I've considered parting ways with it for the Rimfire Precision but it shoots so darn good it is hard to really release my grip on it.
I got mine right before they released the precision. Like you, I don’t see the need to switch.

Ive been eyeballing this one, as it’s a 16” barrel, just hideous. Hoping they will make it in black someday.
1577981955172.jpeg

Also reached out to ruger about this stock, they didn’t say yes, or no, about it being available separately.
1577982006056.jpeg

Dyjital

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Law Around Here
  • Woke Up Like This
I got mine right before they released the precision. Like you, I don’t see the need to switch.

Ive been eyeballing this one, as it’s a 16” barrel, just hideous. Hoping they will make it in black someday.
View attachment 646449
Also reached out to ruger about this stock, they didn’t say yes, or no, about it being available separately.
View attachment 646450
I'd like to see that stock released but they probably want a pretty penny for it just like every other stock they have. Tried to get a replacement laminate and they wanted damn near $400 for one. Boyds was $150.

I do like the 16" RPR but that color scheme has to change.

OP
Vierings
Reactions
Update: tossed on a free Remington branded scope (off a 597) with a broken reticle and some no name rings my dad had lying around. 2 5 round groups, standing with elbows rested at 50ft.20200103_165151.jpg
That'll keep me happy till I decide on an actual optic.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online