JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to pick up a .22LR bolt gun, and of course I want all the things for not all the money.. How close can I get? It looks like the Ruger American might be the closest thing. The list below is what I want

Full size stock (13.75" or 14" LOP)
16" (willing to go up to 18") barrel, with a heavier profile
Detachable mag, minimum 10rd
Under $400

Threaded is a plus
Wood stock would be a plus
Iron sights would be a plus

I was looking at a Remington 597 today at my LGS and I really like it, weight, stock, barrel, mag release, comes with a cheap optic, right at $200. If it was a bolt rifle, it would have come home with me, and it still might.

Those rifles shoot very well. I have had great luck with the three rimfire (and multiple centerfire) variants that I own.
Their positives are the cold hammer forged barrel and if you get the non-pencil version in the medium weight barrel it's going to be a great and accurate shooter.

Magazines are the bonus reason too!
My Ruger Rimfire in .22LR really likes the CCI standards. about a dime/nickle size group at 50 with a 3-9 Nikon P-Rimfire.

I've got this guy. Fits close to all of your requirements minus the iron sights part. I recently started shooting it a lot more. It does 10 shot groups in one ragged hole at 50. Sounds amazing with Standard Velocity and a can. I plink with it for hours at the silhouette range these days.

If your looking for all of the above, but a short stock. @LuckySG has(?) $100 Armscor Bolt actions in stock.

I have the similar to Reno but in stainless and black.

I've considered parting ways with it for the Rimfire Precision but it shoots so darn good it is hard to really release my grip on it.

I have the similar to Reno but in stainless and black.

I've considered parting ways with it for the Rimfire Precision but it shoots so darn good it is hard to really release my grip on it.
I got mine right before they released the precision. Like you, I don't see the need to switch.

Ive been eyeballing this one, as it's a 16" barrel, just hideous. Hoping they will make it in black someday.
1577981955172.jpeg
Also reached out to ruger about this stock, they didn't say yes, or no, about it being available separately.
1577982006056.jpeg

I got mine right before they released the precision. Like you, I don't see the need to switch.

Ive been eyeballing this one, as it's a 16" barrel, just hideous. Hoping they will make it in black someday.
View attachment 646449
Also reached out to ruger about this stock, they didn't say yes, or no, about it being available separately.
View attachment 646450
I'd like to see that stock released but they probably want a pretty penny for it just like every other stock they have. Tried to get a replacement laminate and they wanted damn near $400 for one. Boyds was $150.

I do like the 16" RPR but that color scheme has to change.

Update: tossed on a free Remington branded scope (off a 597) with a broken reticle and some no name rings my dad had lying around. 2 5 round groups, standing with elbows rested at 50ft. 20200103_165151.jpg
That'll keep me happy till I decide on an actual optic.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top