JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took my RAR to the range today for the first time and only got it to fire three rounds, very disappointing. Was having light primer strikes, they would not touch off on the second attempt either. Not reloads, all factory ammo. I guess a trip back to Ruger is in order. After doing some reading, this is a very common issue with older ones but this in a new AR mag version.

I had ignition issues with my RARR .300 Blk. as well. Mine was an older model, purchased 3-4 years ago. After a trip back to Ruger, I didn't have any more trouble. I ended up selling it and switching to a CZ 527 in BLK. The Ruger was a good rifle, though. I just prefer the CZs.

I was looking closer at the bolt after removing it and it looks like it was made on a Friday afternoon, lol. Holes have sharp flashing inside, machining marks are pretty ugly and overall fit is bad. I'm a big Ruger fan, even named my 10 month old puppy Ruger, I just think one slipped through the cracks. I'll call them tomorrow and I'm sure they'll make it right, as their customer service has been great when I've needed it in the past.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top