JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a Ruger 77/357 today in a trade, cant be happier! These rifles are all around amazing. Bolt is smooth,18.5in barrel, and it weighs 5.5 pounds! I love it. Took a 4 mile hike and did some minor plinking with it. If you guys haven't checked one out I would suggest you hold one to see for yourself, feels like a bolt action 10/22 in your hands. I did order the wolf performance trigger springs to clean it up a tad, but that's just be picky, trigger is decent. Same sights as a 10/22 as well.

20130914_191544_zpsaaa95aa3.jpg

It's on my list, but I haven't been able to find one in person yet. To be honest, when I saw the title of your post I got a little excited because I thought I was looking at the classified section.

There are very few out there. Kinda stumbled upon it, I received this rifle, a Target model A22 smith, and ammo in a trade. It has a 5 round rotary mag like the 10/22s, just bigger. I ordered 2 more from ebay for $25 each. Lever guns are cool but that Ruger M77 action is just so nice. At first I wanted it to sell it but fell in love the more research I did. Might even use it in 2 weeks this deer season. Get some nice loads made up and try her out.

No idea, I hadn't heard of them before I saw the ad, looked them up, and said what the hell might be fun to have. The guy had the same thinking as 2506, loved 357, but had a levergun he really liked. I planned on selling it but when I took it home and really fiddled with it, I love it. Shoots nice. Quiet enough with factory loads that it doesn't give you the ear ringing. Like I said, all in all, this gun is pretty awesome.

What kind of effective range do you think you can get out of that rifle? 100 yards?

No idea yet, everywhere you research everyone has different opinions. Some say 150, a lot 75. MY friend, who is a .357 enthusiast, is going to load me up some 158g rounds that will easily take down a deer at 150. He guarantees it. This weekend im going to go out the range with some Remington UMC .357 ammo and play between 50, 100, 150 yard shots. Possibly a few 200 for fun. I put in the spring kit and worked on the trigger, pulls perfectly at 3lb now, real clean.

No idea yet, everywhere you research everyone has different opinions. Some say 150, a lot 75. MY friend, who is a .357 enthusiast, is going to load me up some 158g rounds that will easily take down a deer at 150. He guarantees it. This weekend im going to go out the range with some Remington UMC .357 ammo and play between 50, 100, 150 yard shots. Possibly a few 200 for fun. I put in the spring kit and worked on the trigger, pulls perfectly at 3lb now, real clean.

Nice. With a good, hot .357 load you should be able to do something at 150. Have fun and post results!

I sure wouldn't mind one a those little rascals. I'd probably put a peep sight on it though. Most all the lever guns cost dear and that thing seems near indestructible, handy and accurate.