JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The funny thing about my friends m77 357, is we almost missed it. It was on the wall with a bunch of 10-22 and so we thought it was a 10-22. Then we asked theow ner and he was like, "funny you guy's won't see one of those for along time." few seconds later he realized what we were asking forand grab bed it for us to look at. If they had two I would have put one on lay away. We almost missed it altogether. My friend feels extremely lucky to have found it.

The funny thing about my friends m77 357, is we almost missed it. It was on the wall with a bunch of 10-22 and so we thought it was a 10-22. Then we asked theow ner and he was like, "funny you guy's won't see one of those for along time." few seconds later he realized what we were asking forand grab bed it for us to look at. If they had two I would have put one on lay away. We almost missed it altogether. My friend feels extremely lucky to have found it.

They do look damn near identical aside the bolt! lol

Spent some time at the range today. Shot 4 types of ammo(all in the picture). Ive really fallen deeper for this gun! The scope is bore sighted for 100yards. I was shooting at 100 exact to see what the drop was going to be. To my surprise, the Fusion ammo was dead on, no drop. Shot a 5in group in standing position. The Remington had about a 1in drop, about a 7in group standing. The blazer was horrible. And the 38sp was absolutely disgusting... Some shots were 5-6 feet left others 5-6 feet right.... The 357 mag were all pretty tight. Got me even more excited to fill my tag in 2 weeks! The results surprised the hell out of me.
Ive never used any of federals fusion ammo before, but the results were awesome, I think I may just use that for this season, pretty decent load. Any input?

20130919_211613_zpsd62ca89c.jpg

Beyond the load, what about the bullet type? I have some of those Remington 125gr SJHP, and they look like they would expand more than penetrate. But then again, I'm basing this on no actual knowledge. Would bullet matter more on a .357 than on a dedicated rifle round like .308, etc?

What kind of effective range do you think you can get out of that rifle? 100 yards?

Heck that's the effective range of a 6" revolver.I can hit a dinner plate with my 10mm at 150 and the 357 flies about the same.
Loaded heavy should take you out to 200yds

But I just don't understand the whole pistol caliber bolt gun thing.

Perfect scope choice. I might have opted for lower rings, but that's just me.

This is exactly what I thought when I looked at the picture. One of the wonderful things about the Ruger 77 is that you only need to buy one ring to move the scope down. Move the front scope ring to the rear position and buy the next shorter one for the front.