JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And M4's, AK's, PTR's are pretty? I remember early on, M16's were a joke. But we got used to them.

I like cute little carbines. I've got enough bases covered that I don't need this new offering, but if I didn't, I could own one.:cool:

Last Edited:
And M4's, AK's, PTR's are pretty? I remember early on, M16's were a joke. But we got used to them.

I like cute little carbines. I've got enough bases covered that I don't need this new offering, but if I didn't, I could own one.:cool:
it is the directly lifted pistol grip that really makes this look like a weird pistol conversion. There are multiple parts that make this look like a low budget pistol to rifle conversion right here

20220829_112208.jpg

Kel-Tec

I would have preferred a bolt action. :( I already have three PS90s so have no real use for a semi, but if it used a PS90 mag I would think maybe...

The CMMG Banshee would be my choice over the Ruger if I were to go with a semi that doesn't use PS90 mags.
Looks like a Kel-Ger.
Kel-Tec was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thing.

it is the directly lifted pistol grip that really makes this look like a weird pistol conversion. There are multiple parts that make this look like a low budget pistol to rifle conversion right here

View attachment 1268308
It would be convenient having interchangeable magazines between this and my Ruger 57. I can handle the ugly if the rifle is reliable and accurate.
My big question is what do I gain from all that extra barrel length?

I think AK is kinda ugly. As a caveat, the large safety on the side looks out of place.

I always thought NEF single shot guns looked ugly with the over-large stock and tiny forearm but after buying one, it didn't look that bad.

My thoughts exactly, you your shouldering it and it's the size/weight and barrel length of a rifle, use a rifle sized cartridge
The P90 & Five Seven are niche guns. Compact size for the P90 makes it good for certain uses, and they are designed for military and LE use.

5.7x28 in a conventional carbine makes it not so useful.

Neither of the Ruger 5.7x28 firearms are designed or intended for military or LE use. They are "range toys".

Ditto with the Kel Tec

Now if someone made a lightweight compact relatively inexpensive bolt action (e.g., Ruger American) that was relatively accurate, that I could use reloaded ammo in, I would be interested.

The P90 & Five Seven are niche guns. Compact size for the P90 makes it good for certain uses, and they are designed for military and LE use.

5.7x28 in a conventional carbine makes it not so useful.

Neither of the Ruger 5.7x28 firearms are designed or intended for military or LE use. They are "range toys".

Ditto with the Kel Tec

Now if someone made a lightweight compact relatively inexpensive bolt action (e.g., Ruger American) that was relatively accurate, that I could use reloaded ammo in, I would be interested.
Hmmm...didn't think on the reloading side for a bolt action.

Probably wouldn't have to worry as much about the cartridge coating. That would sure make things simpler!

I wouldn't mind getting a T/C single shot, but they are a bit expensive for my budget, for what they are.
indeed. There was a time (right before it was announced that t/c was going under) they were quite inexpensive frame wise. Some of my custom barrels were not that cheap. (But I can use 45 raptor, 22 BR, 22TCM, 327 federal amongst other options) But I found the 5.7 barrel on ebay cheap. It was an MGM barrel, so pretty darn good. I paid little enough for it. For perspective frame and barrel were each under $200 when purchased. Now, that won't buy an encore frame

I do like my ruger 57 and the thing likes the 5.7 ammo my ps90 won't take. I don't see the negatives for a ruger over an FN in pistols myself. I have the ruger and I handled the FN

I do like my ruger 57 and the thing likes the 5.7 ammo my ps90 won't take. I don't see the negatives for a ruger over an FN in pistols myself. I have the ruger and I handled the FN
The Speer ammo is meant only for the pistols and might have problems in any given PS90

For combat or field use, the Ruger 57 has an open(ish) slide that lets debris get into the slide and that can cause problems. Also, there are reports of rust. As usual, Ruger also made their mags proprietary when they could have used Five Seven mags.

The Speer ammo is meant only for the pistols and might have problems in any given PS90

For combat or field use, the Ruger 57 has an open(ish) slide that lets debris get into the slide and that can cause problems. Also, there are reports of rust. As usual, Ruger also made their mags proprietary when they could have used Five Seven mags.
It is the American Eagle ammo that fails so spectacularly in my Ps90. (pushes bullet into case to the point of powder falling out.) I don't have the speer stuff. But the ruger loves the ae stuff. Which is just as well as I have a bit of it, and a substantial bit of fn stuff for the ps90.

It is the American Eagle ammo that fails so spectacularly in my Ps90. (pushes bullet into case to the point of powder falling out.) I don't have the speer stuff. But the ruger loves the ae stuff. Which is just as well as I have a bit of it, and a substantial bit of fn stuff for the ps90.
Yes - the AE ammo sucks. Only good for practice, and only practice where you should expect to have problems with the ammo and have to clear it. I've seen the push back issues, and the projectile getting offline with the neck, etc. too. Pretty much anybody who has that brand has those issues.

That's why the AE is only 20% of my 5.7 ammo and only for practice.

Wow. I've been running AE through my 57, PS90 and a CMMG Banshee upper with zero issues. I wonder why you guys are having such hard luck.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top