JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where can I find one? Do I really need it, or will it still cycle w/o damaging anything? Can I use a proper size bolt cut to length? None threaded part of course. Any local Vancouver ppl know where to get one? Anyone got a spare one? Thanks!

you can contact Ruger directly and they will ship you the parts - don't know if they would charge you for the part or not. Another option is to go with one of the nylon "buffers" they sell to supposedly extend the life of the firearm. Or you could make one...
<broken link removed>

I would just get a nylon buffer. The idea of a steel bolt hitting a steel buffer resting in an aluminum receiver makes me feel that over time will hog out the receiver. Plus, the nylon buffers are cheap. Buy a couple and set the extras aside.

Nice thanks! does the nylon buffer pin replace the bolt stop pin?

EDIT- ok lol read the link, shoulda done it first but thats awesome! Like 142 said its def the perfect time to install it. Good stuff. Next on the list is bedding the stock. Some simple mods to really help out!

I just saw that vid last week and I am doing the same thing. It took a little looking to find a store that stocked it, not all Home Depots do and Lowe's did not. I finally found it at the HD that is near The English Pit when I was headed for range time on Monday.If you have trouble finding it, look there. I haven't installed mine yet.

I would just get a nylon buffer.
The idea of a steel bolt hitting a steel buffer resting in an aluminum receiver makes me feel that over time will hog out the receiver.

Plus, the nylon buffers are cheap. Buy a couple and set the extras aside.
The model 10-22 started distribution in 1964.
Wondering how long it will take for those pins to hog out the receiver?
I think the bolt handle-guide rod-recoil spring assembly soaks up the bolt blowback energy.
Bought mine 10-1978 for $60. Pins would slip out when new.
I cut a couple pieces of black electrical tape to keep them in place.
Since the stock holds everything in place, no one can see the tape.
Was my secret, now it's ours...don't tell anyone...
Regards
Rick :)

Mudslinger-

I found the correct diameter nylon rod at a plastics store in Portland, I have plenty, pm an address and I will drop one in the mail for you. I believe in creating good will for the future, and the plastic/nylon replacement really does smooth out the action some.

Regards,
Mark

You can also go to Lowes/HD/Jerrys/Bimart/Freddy's. Find the proper size nylon bolt with long enough smooth shank. (I can't remember which screw size off hand but found it in a thread somewhere). Chop off the head and the threads leaving the smooth portion long enough to slide in. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top