JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
David Minshall, competition secretary of the British Muzzleloading Association MLAGB, is a prolific writer on the subject, and is keen to share his interest and acquired skills with everybody with a similar interest. I know that there are a few here with British Victorian-era rifles and carbines, and I'd like to share his generous writings, at his behest, with all of you here.

icon1.png RSAF Enfield / 19thC Target Shooting
New edition of my free download magazine is available now. All five editions can be downloaded via the link below - no catches, no registration needed. PDF download.

Research Press Journal – Issue 5, Winter 2018/19. Free download pdf magazine (40 pages)

Featured articles include a visit to the Royal Small Arms Factory, Enfield, c1880, and discussion of the 1866 Benson-Poppenburg Breech-loader. For those with an interest in long range target shooting the small-bore shooting article gives some insight into the discipline in 19thC Great Britain.

Contents:

• Priming: News, Events, People & Places
  • Royal Small Arms Factory, Enfield, c1880
  • Small Bore and Match Shooting, 1869
  • Horatio Ross
  • The 1866 Benson-Poppenburg Breech-loader
  • The Literature of the Volunteers of 1859

Link to Download - external site

Thanks for your interest.

David
Research Press - www.researchpress.co.uk - www.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history