JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's this...
...That I thought about getting for Wifey's Rossi 92 in .45 Colt. Apparently a possible issue with the fitment in the hole where the safety was, so check it out first.

And for the @Longwalkhome , I wear a putthy pad when when I shoot a Swede and Garand.
I don't know but think guns kick fat guys like me harder than they do the skinny guys. :) :confused:

Nope....not too many options out there for sure...sad to say.

As for the safety...it is useless and unneeded...use the half cock notch as a safety...like the original design.
So yeah...it is as bad as a Hillary Hole.
Andy
Well, I'd just remove it then fill with epoxy and paint over it if it bothers me.

I don't know but think guns kick fat guys like me harder than they do the skinny guys. :) :confused:
I'm pretty fat and recoil rarely bothers me to be honest. Heck, I complain that my .454 alaskan doesn't recoil enough sometimes.

You can remove the safety on the Rossi's
Yeah, might have to. If I get one. Still unsure if I wanna keep the .45 or not.

I mean, someone tried it in older lever actions and the receivers would become unusable. Granted the 94 is not the best action for it, they would stretch.
The Rossi is a model 92 and is plenty strong - stronger than a model '94. I wouldn't suggest .460 - there is more to designing/building a safe rifle than max cartridge pressure - there is also the thrust against the bolt. But I have not heard any bad things about the Rossi. I have a Rossi in .44 mag and a Winchester 92 in .44 mag - both are fine rifles.

Well, I'd just remove it then fill with epoxy and paint over it if it bothers me.

I'm pretty fat and recoil rarely bothers me to be honest. Heck, I complain that my .454 alaskan doesn't recoil enough sometimes.

Yeah, might have to. If I get one. Still unsure if I wanna keep the .45 or not.
Maybe I should have you sight in my magnums, normally about three shots and I am done. :confused:

Well, suppose I oughta give one a try then.

I mean, I don't LIKE it. But there's not many options for .454, that don't also cost $5k for a base model. It can't be as bad as a Hillary hole can it?

Ummmm……. no.
IMG_0969.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews