JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1696550598005.png

BTW.....my son is also of that sort.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....where is the suppressor?

Well...not for me.

However....
If you like it and it works for you then...
Great job...always good to make a firearm "yours".
Yours, as in modifications that make it work well for what you want to use it for.. and how you shoot it
Andy

From what I gather, I have 3 Rossi R 92, the BrazilTech product are made wonderfully, all purchased at the end of 2022; seem to work perfectly. The early brand care of Rossi/Taurus seem to have had a very spotty quality. The fit and finish on mine are stellar.
I had learned that BrazilTech refined the product to work magic beginning in the mid or late 2015+. fyi.

From what I gather, I have 3 Rossi R 92, the BrazilTech product are made wonderfully, all purchased at the end of 2022; seem to work perfectly. The early brand care of Rossi/Taurus seem to have had a very spotty quality. The fit and finish on mine are stellar.
I had learned that BrazilTech refined the product to work magic beginning in the mid or late 2015+. fyi.
Are you able to feed SWC or WC loads? Mine were hanging up

I'd agree if it were a classic Winchester. But a Rossi...dip it gold for all I care.
They are better than Henry IMO. At least Rossi doesn't use Zamak and has aftermarket support. I own a couple Rossis and they are great levers. They lack the bank vault cycling action of well shaped hardened parts like Winchester, of which I have a couple to compare. But they are great guns for the price, as opposed to my buddy's Henry Big Boy with a terrible trigger and crunchy cycling… a true waste of stainless steel.

They are better than Henry IMO. At least Rossi doesn't use Zamak and has aftermarket support. I own a couple Rossis and they are great levers. They lack the bank vault cycling action of well shaped hardened parts like Winchester, of which I have a couple to compare. But they are great guns for the price, as opposed to my buddy's Henry Big Boy with a terrible trigger and crunchy cycling… a true waste of stainless steel.
That was a comment on their history, not their quality.

Now get back inside and iron your knickers!

They are better than Henry IMO.
The Rossi's I have see (and thats not many) was years ago and all I did see and handle were pretty rough and poorly fitted, but maybe this has changed.
At least Rossi doesn't use Zamak and has aftermarket support.
The only Zamak Henry uses is on their .22 rifles and while I am not a fan of this (and don't own a Henry .22) , they seem to be holding up structurally, but the finish doesn't last.

Never needed it but I have always heard Henry had pretty good aftermarket support, but I do know after Covid, and the stepdown of the former prez, Anthony Imperato, there seems to be some issues and reports of poorer service than in the past but no personal experience.

as opposed to my buddy's Henry Big Boy with a terrible trigger and crunchy cycling… a true waste of stainless steel.
I was unaware Henry was making the Big Boy out of SS, but I must have gotten lucky as my early gunmetal (bronze) BB (2013), has beautiful fit and finish, an excellent trigger and very smooth cycling.

The Rossi's I have see (and thats not many) was years ago and all I did see and handle were pretty rough and poorly fitted, but maybe this has changed.
That was my obversation when I looked at them a few years ago. Decent enough, but still not as well fit as a Henry.

The only Zamak Henry uses is on their .22 rifles and while I am not a fan of this (and don't own a Henry .22) , they seem to be holding up structurally, but the finish doesn't last.
My Golden Boy has held up beautifully over the last 5 years or so.

I was unaware Henry was making the Big Boy out of SS, but I must have gotten lucky as my early gunmetal (bronze) BB (2013), has beautiful fit and finish, an excellent trigger and very smooth cycling.
They don't. It's hard-chromed steel.

The triggers on all 4 of my Henrys are great. Not super light, but crisp and most notably, no wiggly trigger like my Marlins that almost require an aftermarket replacement.

Never needed it but I have always heard Henry had pretty good aftermarket support, but I do know after Covid, and the stepdown of the former prez, Anthony Imperato, there seems to be some issues and reports of poorer service than in the past but no personal experience.
Off topic, I know... but when did that happen???

I've only had one interaction with their CS and, to date, one of the best CS experiences I've ever had. Out and about... one of our old Henry H001's took a bit of a spill over a 3 meter rock dropoff. Came out beautifully but met rock and landed square on the hammer. Broke half the duck bill clean off.

Contacted CS, got a real nice lady in just a couple rings... ordered a replacement hammer that they charged me $5 for (free shipping)... no questions asked. On a whim I asked about metal foregrip rings (to replace the plastic on one of the kids newer H001's). Those were $5 a pop too (free shipping) so ordered a couple and was over and done in minutes.

Later that day, though.... I get a call from Mr. Imperato. He heard about the hammer break and wanted to discuss what happened. I think he was concerned about a possible mfg defect, but after explaining it was user error he expressed his thanks for using their products... and as a thank you for taking the time to talk to him... he sent me a 6 piece set of their heavy ceramic coffee mugs. Completely free of charge.

I still use those mugs and still get "warm fuzzy's" of that CS experience.

Needless to say, my brand loyalty is exceptionally high. 🤣 We own more than a few Henry's and, while not "top shelf" firearms, I've never had a lick of trouble with any of them. They aren't in the least picky about ammo and they just shoot.....

I hope the change in management doesn't sting them too much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top