JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1591983942921.jpeg
Always wanted a lever action rimfire for plinking. This might be the ticket. If it's sub $300 retail it might be a winner.

Sadly current state of affairs might mean it will be a minute before you see this in the shelves.

Crossing my fingers for a $250 retail price!

nice! I would love a 22 lever in that price range. The Henry seems a little spendy for just a .22. I had a 44 mag version of the Rossi 92, but the groove diameter of the barrel was so large, it made casting bullets very impractical. Otherwise, it was nice enough for the cost.

Junk.
I don't ever want to own a gun that is made inexpensively.

Sounds strange. But considering investing in a Winchester if you run across one.

You will make money on it if you sell it in a few years.
If you hand it down. It will last for generations.

I know! It ties money up in a gun.
But that's not so bad. Is it?

Warning. Logos may cause irritation. (I think I need to start certain threads with this disclaimer!

1591985352915.jpeg
1591985378397.png
1591985428669.jpeg
1591985496541.jpeg

While i would tend to agree with Medic! They also cost a whole lot more.
Sounds like these will come with wood OR synthetic.

So if you want a durable simple lever the synthetic might be the waqy to go. If it shoots who needs to pay a bunch. Especially if you are just planning to plink and use as a training gun for others. Though considering they are new I might want to searxch around and see what is available used. Even a beat up 22 would likely be good enough for plinking.

So, for conversation sake, instead of the clockwork NWFA usual whenever one of these brands gets brought up...

Ive had great experiences with inexpensive Rossi products. Their semi auto 22 I picked up a few years ago was a great plinker. While I didn't need it. $96 bucks wasn't exactly a huge hit to the wallet.

If this guy is of that nature. I'll likely enjoy it a lot. For a plinking gun, I see no need to spend a lot of money. I know this concept is foreign to some.

As a moderator once said to me, perhaps you should simply avoid these threads!

Ive had great experiences with inexpensive Rossi products.

Ditto. With their actual product line, I've had really good results with Rossi. Off the top of my head, a couple lever-guns (one a stainless .44 Magnum, the other a now SBRed blued Ranch Hand in .357 Magnum), a full-sized .357 Magnum wheel-gun, and at least two of their little .22 pumps.

Their customer service? Not so much. They absconded with the aforementioned full-sized wheel gun, replaced it with a snub worth less (and worthless for the purpose I had said), and the promised $50 is, as of this writing, a no-show.

So, yah, if it was just based upon the guns they made, I actually like the Rossis. Taurus' "customer service" (if you can call it that) shenanigans, not so much.

Lever action 22LRs are fun. I have three Marlin 39 models. While typical asking prices for these, or Winchesters are getting pretty high compared to the Rossi price range you identified, if you look diligently and are patient, you can find a reasonable deal on one. All three of the 39 models I have were bought in the price range you identified, including a nice 39A from the 1940s that doesn't show much wear at all that I purchased within the last year or so.

Last Edited:
When these start to show up it will be interesting to see what happens. The lever .22's have never been my "thing" but sure are the thing for a lot of people. If they can sell these for $250 and they work? No doubt a lot of them will be in the hands of happy shooters.
As CountryGent mentioned I too have had enough Taurus and Rossie stuff to have lost track how many. Never had one that did not work and considering what I paid for them was more than happy. As were the people who ended up buying them. I had many times heard some real bad tales of what happens when you have a problem with one. The way their stuff sells I have to guess they must not let out too many problems as they keep selling. Will be fun to read what happens as some end up with one of these.

I got a beat up Henry. 22 for that lever action .22. Only issue is that the Henry is not suppressor friendly
I had a chance to buy a ruger 96/22, kick myself often these days for not doing so. Seen guys modifying threaded barrels too get them to work.

The tactical solutions owehee thing looks like a good solution for a lightweight higher capacity suppressor host.

I've never handled the Rossi but hear conflicting reports of their quality in the bigger bores.

My first firearm was a Browning BL-22 Grade II and I loved that little rifle. I pretty much wore it out and sold it in my 20's. Stupid.

A couple of years ago, I realized I didn't have a .22 rifle, having given my bolt-action Marlin to my son.

I wanted another BL-22 but got sticker shock when I looked them up. I heard the Henry basic rifles were fine, but the painted receivers were hard to accept after the very nice Browning.

Then one day I was cruising Bud's Gun Shop website and they had a rifle on sale, the Uberti Silver Boy .22 lever action. I quickly started researching it and found almost nothing on it.

Normally, they are $500+ rifles. They had a couple for $319. I had two other Uberti firearms and was impressed with the quality and fit and finish, so I ordered one.

It arrived and it didn't disappoint. Nice fit and finish. Wood stock was a little disappointing in that the grain was rather plain. Action was butter smooth and the trigger was amazing. Almost too light. It's under 3lbs. Overall, I'm happy with it and thought at $320, it was a good deal.

IMG_20200119_152658077.jpg

IMG_20200119_152854612.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top