JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just threw away (well, yesterday) a Cabelas ad/flyer with Henry .22 LR's advertised in it. They were very low in cost.

I have no experience with Henry's, but were I interested, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Most especially from Cabelas as my experience in a Ruger LC9S problem (I bought from them) was promptly expedited to my satisfaction.

While some knock Cabelas, my experience in buying 2...hhhmmm, maybe 3 guns from them always went smoothly and they were very competitively prices as all were on sale.

I've held a Henry. Great looking and feeling rifle. Heavy!

This appears to be very light weight.

I look forward to handling one.

Junk.
I don't ever want to own a gun that is made inexpensively.

Sounds strange. But considering investing in a Winchester if you run across one.

You will make money on it if you sell it in a few years.
If you hand it down. It will last for generations.

I know! It ties money up in a gun.
But that's not so bad. Is it?

Or marlin 39

Walmart reg price for Henry is $289 but I've seen for $279 somewhere on sale can't remember where.

At Cabelas if u used raise gift cards u could save 9% which would put u around $270ish. Dunno why a person would want Rossi over a proven commodity but always nice to have more options I guess.

I picked out my stable of .22LR lever actions long ago.

Marlin 39m (left) and 39a (right).
GEDC1111.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Ditto. With their actual product line, I've had really good results with Rossi. Off the top of my head, a couple lever-guns (one a stainless .44 Magnum, the other a now SBRed blued Ranch Hand in .357 Magnum), a full-sized .357 Magnum wheel-gun, and at least two of their little .22 pumps.

I have what I think is an older Rossi carbine in .44 mag - it has a very smooth action. I need to get some .44 mag ammo for it as I don't want to shoot up the little .44 mag ammo I have which is hunting ammo.

My understanding (from reading on the internets) is that the Rossi lever actions can vary widely in quality - in part because of different manufacturers over time? I am just glad mine seems to be a good rifle.

I have what I think is an older Rossi carbine in .44 mag - it has a very smooth action. I need to get some .44 mag ammo for it as I don't want to shoot up the little .44 mag ammo I have which is hunting ammo.

My understanding (from reading on the internets) is that the Rossi lever actions can vary widely in quality - in part because of different manufacturers over time? I am just glad mine seems to be a good rifle.

I know mine has a very slick action and handles well. I think we have similar .44 Magnum carbines. Not sure about overall quality varying, but I have noticed the wood stocks seem to vary pretty wildly in quality, color, etc.; at least from what I've seen over the years.

Not bad. Didn't know they made one. I don't truly look towards Browning for much of anything honestly. Should change that!

The BL-22 is an amazing little rifle. Mine was scary accurate and the short 30 degree lever throw made it amazingly fast to shoot. I killed thousands of jackrabbits in Southern Idaho with that thing in the 80's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top