JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sir Roger served in the Royal Army Service Corps as a second lieutenant, after being conscripted for national service shortly after the end of the Second World War.

My favorite Bond -
and my least favorite Bond movies,
some of the most iconic Bond stuff.

I also enjoyed The Saint.

2:13+ -

Sad to hear that :( Growing up, he was 'my' Bond, the one in the movies at that time, so he is the one I most associate with the role. Sorry to hear he's gone. I can't believe he was 89 though!

"For your eyes only" Was the first Bond film I saw on the big screen. While I liked the movie, I fell in love with Sheena Easton. I listened to that 45 a thousand times.

RIP Roger Moore.

I had good taste in the 6th grade.

"For your eyes only" Was the first Bond film I saw on the big screen. While I liked the movie, I fell in love with Sheena Easton. I listened to that 45 a thousand times.

RIP Roger Moore.

I had good taste in the 6th grade.

One of my first was Moonraker - and saw that at the Drive In Theater on McLoughlin Blvd in the Gladstone area. That theater has been gone for ages now. Lots of fun to hang out in the back of the station wagon under a starry sky and watch Bond fight Jaws! I just looked it up - Richard Kiel (who played Jaws) passed away in 2014.

Sad to hear, though he did live to a ripe old age. He was my second favorite Bond, after Sean Connery. And though it was beyond cheesy, his antics Cannonball Run was worth a chuckle or two. ;)

Sad to hear that :( Growing up, he was 'my' Bond, the one in the movies at that time, so he is the one I most associate with the role. Sorry to hear he's gone. I can't believe he was 89 though!

He kept his good looks very long, and generally looked much younger than his real age. He was actually 3 years older than Sean Connery, the man that he replaced. But he looked much younger than Connery, when he replaced him.

He was 45 when he made his first Bond film, and was 57 years old when he made his last. He was thus the oldest actor to ever portray Bond.

His first Bond film, Live and Let Die, would never be made today. All of the villains in the movie were Black.

He sure looks a lot younger than 45 in this publicity photo for the film:

latest?cb=20160627153107

It was also actress Jane Seymour's first starring role in a film. While Moore was 45, she was only 21. Her second major movie role was playing an Arabian Princess in SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER, opposite Patrick Wayne ( son of the legendary actor John Wayne ):

87d9108089fb98fc8dec826666231293.jpg

She is now 66, and is reported to still be in very good health.

rs_634x859-140102082738-634.Close-Magazine-Jane-Seymour-Bikini.jl.010213.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews