JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The fact that SPD took it is still BS. You can buy used M41 Redeye launcher tubes online. It's a once-fire launcher.

<broken link removed>

I got to shoot one once at White Sands, back in 1979. They are freakin awesome! We were told to drive over them after firing.

But yeah, minus battery, that's nothing more than a fiberglass tube, a plastic flip out sight and some plumbing to get the coolant from the battery to the seeker head.

That would be a cool novelty item for a man cave.

Leave it to the lying media and scumbags to portray it as a huge public service to take that out of public hands. My lava lamp is more dangerous.

I got to shoot one once at White Sands, back in 1979. They are freakin awesome! We were told to drive over them after firing.

But yeah, minus battery, that's nothing more than a fiberglass tube, a plastic flip out sight and some plumbing to get the coolant from the battery to the seeker head.

Those sound like some very basic sights. There were some models with much more complex sighting systems and running over them is definately not recommended. Radioactive material cleanup isn't cheap!

Those sound like some very basic sights. There were some models with much more complex sighting systems and running over them is definately not recommended. Radioactive material cleanup isn't cheap!

That was 'war time' disposal, any other time you'd have to account for every last nut and bolt. IIRC, they claimed you could make a make shift mortor tube out of it. Considering the area would probably be littered with depleted urianium rounds, a glow in the dark sight would be inconsequential.

The Stinger was much more complex, it had the IFF transponder system built into it. The Air Force wasn't thrilled with the Redeye, a nervous quick fingered private could make junk out of a multi-million dollar jet fighter.

If what you're saying is that you don't believe the link, note that the description even says "once fired." It's not a fake launcher. They are out of stock now, though.
No, not that at all. I have no doubt that they can be purchased on the open market. If you click through the pictures, you'll see the airsoft stamp on several of them. Just struck me as funny to see an airsoft warning on a rocket launcher!

So I was curious if this person had actually broken any laws by purchasing this thing on a street corner? I checked the ATF website (ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Firearms) and it appears he was still suppose to file paperwork with them. If someone has better knowledge (I don't doubt many do) I would love to know. If the device was unserviceable he could have had it transferred "tax free". Is that (the transfer) something that would have had to be done at a FFL or could he have completed the paperwork with the person selling? Personally I think that's a little excessive for a paperweight.

Yeah he pretty much will have to lawyer up. I can almost guarantee you that if SPD traces back that launcher, they'll find that it was sold as surplus by the US Army. At that point, since it is not a destructive device, they are bound by law to return it to the man who is now its lawful owner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top