JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked one up today for the $209 big 5 sale price after watching Jeff Quinn's review. Good quality, nickle plated, action slicker than goose grease. Everything needed for a HD weapon. I'm replacing my old Mossy 590, too big for a bedroom shotty; if 5 plus 1 doesn't get it done one has other issues.

They are made in China! First thing you should do is replace the cartridge latches. They are soft and will bend with any rapid manipulation of the pump. Remington 870 parts are mostly interchangeable with them. While your at it get a Remington firing pin for it.

Not something I would trust my life with. Plinking yes...

Since you are incorrect about country (mine was made in the Phillipines ) your other assertions may also be suspect. Sure nothing wrong with the RRA 1911s....
If I was repelling boarders on a weekly basis I would keep my USMC 590 in que...

Some of the parts are also the same as the High Standard Flight King, kind of a mix of the Remington and High Standard! No worries tho it has a full lifetime warranty!

Finally got my Rock Island out to the range Tuesday. It ran just fine. Went through a box of old No. 6, one of #8, and one of those little Aguila short slugs. Only FTF was with one of the Aguilas, which to my surprise fed from the magazine just fine. It fired the second time around. They are pretty snappy and would make a great house-warming gift for an intruder. I'll run a box of double ought and no. 4s and then make this my upstairs gun. With a max firing distance of 5 yards it matters little whether double ought or no. 4.

I've rather enjoyed mine, got the nickel as well at Big 5. I loved my 22TCM Rock enough, I figured I'd give it a try. I have about 150 through it so far, repeatedly messing with it trying to foul it up. Mix of 2 3/4 and 3, bird, buck, slug, beanbag. Nothing caused a single malfunction. How many of the Aguilas were you able to fit? I've been wanting to get a box and try them out....

Really, the only fault for this shot ty is the sloppy fit of the buttons pad. They all seem to share this flaw. Otherwise this is a nice low profile house gun without the usual fanboi gewgaws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top