JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A gunsmith of mine tells me he can make those shoot pretty good without dumping allot of money into them..I can turn you onto a gun that will do that for you...

Mine shot very well out of the box, a 4 lb trigger. I bought it for $350 FTF from a guy who said he'd shot it 5 times. The gun came with two mags that weren't original, one of them a Novak. It choked with both mags. I thought "Oh oh!" but when I put a Checkmate mag in it worked fine.

Rock Island, unpretentious, and worth every dime.

My gunsmith said of RI "No, we don't buy that junk here", I laughed. He had a MIMber sitting on the counter! I said "Rock Island has the same number of MIM parts as the MIMber and cost 1/3 as much!"

He asked me what MIM is. :rolleyes:

Never had one chambered in 9mm, but had good luck with the ones I've had chambered in 38 Super. Like everyone else has said, they are great for the money.

If you are looking for a basic gun to build on, the RIA is great. I prefer them to the Springfield, as they are much closer to being in spec. Fitting parts is easier on the RIA than a mil-spec model springfield.

owed mine for about a year now and it jamed only once on me and only because i used original colt mag from Cheaperthandirt that know to jam sometimes. everything else is perfect.