JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On Thursday morning the Bat Phone rang with a frantic California farmer on the line. "Please help I am overrun with rock chucks!!" My reply was "on my way"

Arrived Thursday afternoon and commenced to shooting. Weather was cool and windy which keeps the chucks out all day. I started on the hay barns with the CZ in 17HMR Here are couple of pix of the CZ and it's handiwork:
RChaybale_zps289cdd61.jpg
RC17hmr_zps82bfbdc2.jpg

In the afternoon I would position myself around 150 yards from a rock pile bordering an alfalfa field. Here is a pic of the work my Howa 223 is capable of:
RCHowa_zps91259822.jpg

On Friday my Ruger 77 in 223 started crying because of neglect. Here is a picture of a happy Ruger:
RCruger_zpsc1bee677.jpg

I would also drive around looking for chucks in the rock piles and see this:
RCfromtruck_zpsdec9a328.jpg

I spotlighted one night for jackrabbits.
jacks_zps65d09c30.jpg

On Sunday at noon I was eating lunch and packing to go home when I totaled the results, 189!! Well I had to try for 200 so I kept shooting and finally left at 1309 with an even 200 rock chucks!! Yep 200 rock chucks in 2 full days and two half days. The farmer was very happy.

Nice. I didn't realize rock chucks were so big either. I have trouble with sage rats, but I might actually be able to hit one of those....naw, probably not.....but it's sure fun trying!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top