JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cheap snap caps for .22 rimfire:

I forgot where I read this, but I've tried them in my revolver and they work
great.

Use the small, "Yellow" plastic mollys, (screw holders). They fit right in the
chamber and work great for dry fire sessions.

You're a hard man Reno.....Let me get the camera. Face bigsmyl.gif

This is a brilliant idea. I absolutely destroyed a pack of metal snap caps while adjusting the trigger on a cz457. They lasted all of a couple of fires each before they were so deformed that they didn't get into the magazine anymore.

Dry firing a .22 handgun, the story goes, risks damage to the firing pin. The only clear exception that I'm aware of is the Ruger SR22, where the manual specifically advises it can be dry fired. For others, the yellow wall anchor fits well and will protect the firing pin. I've used them like that in revolvers for years.

They're also safe & convenient to use for dry firing a DAO semi-auto pistol. A PITA to use with other semi-autos, though, because every time you rack the slide to re-cock, the dang little yellow thing gets ejected.

My dad used the yellow drywall anchors for YEARS in his rimfire guns. Never an issue. Cheap and easy, just the way I like it!!

Thanks for the pictures. I was trying to google screw holders to see what you were talking about.

I've got a box of dry wall anchors somewhere.

Thanks for the tip!

Picked up some of these tonight, but they were a lot more expensive than what the videos mentioned. The 50 pack I picked up at Home Depot was almost $7

Couldn't find any packs without the screws.

Picked up some of these tonight, but they were a lot more expensive than what the videos mentioned. The 50 pack I picked up at Home Depot was almost $7

Couldn't find any packs without the screws.

Get your receipt and take them back. Order 100 anchors from HomeDepot on line for only $4.58.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top