Rimfire Snap Caps

This is a brilliant idea. I absolutely destroyed a pack of metal snap caps while adjusting the trigger on a cz457. They lasted all of a couple of fires each before they were so deformed that they didn't get into the magazine anymore.

salmon creek gary

Reactions
Dry firing a .22 handgun, the story goes, risks damage to the firing pin. The only clear exception that I'm aware of is the Ruger SR22, where the manual specifically advises it can be dry fired. For others, the yellow wall anchor fits well and will protect the firing pin. I've used them like that in revolvers for years.

They're also safe & convenient to use for dry firing a DAO semi-auto pistol. A PITA to use with other semi-autos, though, because every time you rack the slide to re-cock, the dang little yellow thing gets ejected.

Reno

Reactions
Thanks for the pictures. I was trying to google screw holders to see what you were talking about.

I’ve got a box of dry wall anchors somewhere.

Thanks for the tip!

DizzyJ

Reactions
Picked up some of these tonight, but they were a lot more expensive than what the videos mentioned. The 50 pack I picked up at Home Depot was almost $7

Couldn't find any packs without the screws.

Reactions
Picked up some of these tonight, but they were a lot more expensive than what the videos mentioned. The 50 pack I picked up at Home Depot was almost $7

Couldn't find any packs without the screws.
Get your receipt and take them back. Order 100 anchors from HomeDepot on line for only $4.58.

DizzyJ

Reactions

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom