JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are #11's that hard to find? I thought 10's were the problem children.

I've got a few 100pc rounds of Italian CVA around someplace. Maybe 600-ish total... if someones real desperate.

Are #11's that hard to find? I thought 10's were the problem children.

I've got a few 100pc rounds of Italian CVA around someplace. Maybe 600-ish total... if someones real desperate.
I haven't seen either #10's or #11's for some time. Talking to the guys at the counter in Bi-Mart, they haven't gotten any in for a year or two. I've got about 100 caps of each but can't bring myself to shoot my limited supply down to zero. I've got "notify me" when they come in notices set up at a couple of online places and haven't heard "boo" for several months either.

I've read that #10's are for revolvers and #11 for rifles, but when I used #10's with my son's revolver, I had to pry the spent caps off. The #11's tend to break up a bit and risk jamming the cylinder, but I like that better than using a multi-tool to remove them. I've read that different brands fit differently too. I'm looking for CCI #11 caps. They work perfectly for my TC Hawken rifle and well enough for my son's Pietta revolver.

I'm not a "blackpowder guy". I spend a lot more time at archery shoots and shooting modern pistols and rifles. However, when my son and I go out shooting blackpowder, we probably go through 75 to 100 caps. So basically I've got enough for two trips left.

I've read that #10's are for revolvers and #11 for rifles, but when I used #10's with my son's revolver, I had to pry the spent caps off.
I only have the one 51' colt navy left that I've always shot with 11's. Pretty much for the same reason. It's no spring chicken and removing spent 10's are a PITA. I know I can get new nipples or take the grinder to them and clean them up, but that kinda defeats the purpose of owning a pistol of that vintage, don't it. ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top