Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rifle powder and more powder-Tillamook Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by alphapygmy, Nov 17, 2013.

1. alphapygmy

alphapygmy Yamhill County Active Member

Was in Tillamook over the weekend for a family outing and stopped by the sporting goods store on Hwy 101 heading north out of town and was surprised at all the powder they had. Almost left with an arm full until I saw the prices. Most were just under $40 a pound. Ouch! There was stuff I would've liked to stock up on but I'm already set okay for a while. If there's something you really need and don't mind paying they had more powder in one place than I've seen for a couple years. They had at least half a dozen bottles of each that I'll list below.

RL17
    CFE223
    IMR 3031
    H335
    H380
    Varget
    H4350

There were several more but these are the ones I look for so I was ignoring the others. I was dying to try RL17 in my 260 but not at that price. They also had half a dozen bricks of CCI #41 for 5.56mm ammo. I tremble at the thought of what they were asking for those. Supply and demand I guess.

2. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Good to know there are still things for sale. I wish powder would show up around here. Even if it is a not so great price if you need it might be worth it.

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

At those prices they will have them for quite a while

4. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Check out Sportsman in the couv on Wednesdays about noon. Powder lasts about a couple of hours.

5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Yah that guy is a major gouger! For awhile he had his 1000 count primers priced at $80. Its worth the many trops to Bimart to figure out what day their powder comes in. No problem getting powder around here...

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if he is buying it at retail and reselling at inflated prices, after buying out every competitor in the area.