JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The buzz around the show was that the East Albany Lions Club show in January has been cancelled. Anyone have an official notice on that? I haven't heard from them as yet.

I was just there. They will not allow any anti-114 literature into the gun show. She says people can go outside to the "free speech area" if they want t talk about 114. Keep that in mind if you decide to spend your money there. I've been to gun shows up and down the valley over the last few months with signs and literature warning about 114 and have always been met with open arms. Some have comped the cost of tables and some have asked me to speak over the PA system. Being snubbed like this is a totally new experience for me but shows why it's an uphill battle. If gun shows, in the midst of this turmoil, don't want any talk against 114, then we have big problems. Every and every vendor and attendee at the show needs to know about this.

I was just there. They will not allow any anti-114 literature into the gun show. She says people can go outside to the "free speech area" if they want t talk about 114. Keep that in mind if you decide to spend your money there. I've been to gun shows up and down the valley over the last few months with signs and literature warning about 114 and have always been met with open arms. Some have comped the cost of tables and some have asked me to speak over the PA system. Being snubbed like this is a totally new experience for me but shows why it's an uphill battle. If gun shows, in the midst of this turmoil, don't want any talk against 114, then we have big problems. Every and every vendor and attendee at the show needs to know about this.
THAT IS BULLS**T!!!

There were 114 stickers and a table speaking about donations and more. So, 114 was talked about at all the tables I spoke with. Not sure what PP40 was met with since 114 was the main topic of the show by vendors and the public.

I'm a local been living in Dallas for 30yrs born here. I remember back in the day plentiful guns AR-15, Aks .308 battle rifles for great prices. And lots of ammo, pallets of it there used to be a dedicated ammo guy with bulk surplus and cheap cases of nato ammo I used to dolly cart it out to the truck it was amazing… Haven't had that in Atleast 6yrs sad how times have changed.. . Those days are probably gone forever. I hope this isn't the last gun show in Oregon glad I could make it this weekend!

I just came back the other week from the SAR show in Phoenix, Arizona which is the 1st weekend of December at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
It is like the old days with all sorts of ammos and firearms related accessories left and right.
Amazing time and it reminded me of the old days of the fun shows in Oregon.
Amazing what happens when liberals take over everything, everything turns to bubblegum. Maybe that's their version of paradise. Sure smells funny and it's not smelling of freedom.

Last Edited:
I'm a local been living in Dallas for 30yrs born here. I remember back in the day plentiful guns AR-15, Aks .308 battle rifles for great prices. And lots of ammo, pallets of it there used to be a dedicated ammo guy with bulk surplus and cheap cases of nato ammo I used to dolly cart it out to the truck it was amazing… Haven't had that in Atleast 6yrs sad how times have changed.. . Those days are probably gone forever. I hope this isn't the last gun show in Oregon glad I could make it this weekend!
Gun shows haven't been the same since the early '90s. I remember shows in LA and LV where you couldn't see everything in three days if you tried.

Gun shows haven't been the same since the early '90s. I remember shows in LA and LV where you couldn't see everything in three days if you tried.
Yeah the Great Western Gun Shows at the Pomona, at the LA county Fairgrounds.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE show encompassing the entire LA county fairgrounds with over 4 football fields of buildings of guns and ammo.

Great show.
Last I went to was in 1999.
3 days and we still couldn't see the entire show. Got my Mauser k98 AR 41 production for $125 bucks with 8 boxes of ammo, no papers and also an M39 SAKO for $100 bucks.

There were 114 stickers and a table speaking about donations and more. So, 114 was talked about at all the tables I spoke with. Not sure what PP40 was met with since 114 was the main topic of the show by vendors and the public.
I was met by the lady taking money and she was the organizer. She let me know, in no uncertain terms, that I could not enter if I was going to be talking about donations to groups involved in the lawsuits. Told me I could go outside to the free speech area. The handout I had with me is posted in the legislation thread.

Maybe she didn't like the fact I was wearing an OFF hat. There are a couple of people here bashing them constantly.

I was met by the lady taking money and she was the organizer. She let me know, in no uncertain terms, that I could not enter if I was going to be talking about donations to groups involved in the lawsuits. Told me I could go outside to the free speech area. The handout I had with me is posted in the legislation thread.

Maybe she didn't like the fact I was wearing an OFF hat. There are a couple of people here bashing them constantly.
OFF is just Kevin Starlett. It was nice when Salvatore was in it also.

In the end, we have a TRO thanks to GOA but we should contribute more and I think OFF and GOA needs to work together....it would nice if the NRA was involved but they are too busy going to Italy buying LaPierres new suits for 2023.

Had a great time at the show. Quite a few members here stopped by.

I had time to walk around the show and most everything I was looking for were very reasonably priced.

My 2nd time at this show under the High Desert Cartridge Company banner, both times have been good.

Hopefully the 114 debacle gets sorted out before spring. I saw some shows are canceled next week, and some well into January.

...and @oremike is a kick in the pants to talk with. Anyone wanting to get into loading, he's a great encyclopedia to access.

Last Edited:
Had a great time at the show. Quite a few members here stopped by.

I had time to walk around the show and most everything I was looking for were very reasonably priced.

My 2nd time at this show under the High Desert Cartridge Company banner, both times have been good.

Hopefully the 114 debacle gets sorted out before spring. I saw some shows are canceled next week, and some well into January.

...and @oremike is a kick in the pants to talk with. Anyone wanting to get into loading, he's a great encyclopedia to access.
Thanks Steve, it was good to meet and chat with you as well.

I believe it's a fairgrounds rule to not have political fund rasing in any events. Posably IMHO to avoid equal time issues. So it wasn't about you or the hat you were wearing, they just want to officially stay out of all politics. Un-officially, yes 114 was the topic of the week-end and I even talked to Tina the show/fairgrounds manager about the future gun shows with regards the 114 issues.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top