JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright, I realize this may be a very limited audience but here's a question. How well supported are the chambers of the RIA double stack 10mms?

How well supported are the double stack 10mm 1911s in general?

I handled 2 examples of the RIA Ultra FS HC side by side in my LGS and found something quite surprising. One of them had the throat of the barrel and feed ramp heavily polished and rounded over. The other had the feed ramp polished but the throat was obviously not rounded... It looked more like my very well supported Kimber camp guard barrel.

Anyone have experience with these handguns? Quite surprised to see two completely different profiles on the feed ramp and chamber in two of the same model.

My experience with RIAs is that there is a great deal of variance in the finishing from pistol to pistol. I had an RIA Officers 1911 that literally had giant air holes in the cast frame. To their credit, RIA took it back and sent me a new gun, but it didn't make me feel great about them. The next one I got peened the slide stop notch on the slide to the point it eventually wouldn't even lock back. So I was pretty much done with them at that point. The majority of people who have them like them, though, so maybe I'm the exception. That said, overpolishing the feed ramp and ending up taking metal off the barrel throat is one of those 1911 finishing errors that a lot of inexperienced home 1911 gunsmiths make. Based on my own experience with RIA, I can easily see one of their factory finishing people making the same mistake.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top