JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like you are a handy guy to know, I might hit you up sometime

anyways, i found the hammer in my parts box and removed the hammer from my one of my SP101 and then installed it and it works flawlessly
interestingly enough though, the part looks different from my OEM, and is a bit lighter like it might be an alloy, both are magnetic, I am including a photo.
The purchased part appears to be a custom part, noticebly lighter.
Take a look at the photo and tell me what you think of it

20180422_014358.jpg

After swapping the hammer, I tested it multiple times and it seems to work with out any problems, maybe Cade will see my post and we can make a deal to get his Ruger back in action

It appears the hammer for the SP101 issue was a lower priority than I originally thought, perhaps did not need to spend so much time searching thru boxes and then testing it out. I am a bit far away here in Florida, anyways, the hammer appears to be of better design and manufacturing quality, so I decided to use it in my favorite wheel gun, a 3 inch SP 101 that I recently had re-chambered to 9MM. I put in a Wilson spring kit along with the better quality hammer, and now.........the trigger is smoother than honeydew vine water. No creep - snaps off perfect and the DA is just right for me. I had the cylinder cut for moon clips and now I can shoot 9MM, .357 Magnum or .38 special with or without moon clips.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top