Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Revolver Value??

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Frog, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

I have a 1910 (serial number checked through ProofHouse) Colt 'Police Positive' 32, in near prestine condition.

Can any of you guys give me an idea/option as to how much it's worth?

Frog.

2. ghanderson10

ghanderson10 Woodburn, OR Member

can you post some pics?

3. Frog

4. ghanderson10

I'm not familiar with 'em, but a search on Gunbroker puts it between $300 and $450 or so, more if you still have the box

5. Frog

Thanks, ghanderson10.

Yes, I do have the original box, and it's in 'good' condition, but missing the lid.

Thanks again,
    Frog.

6. ghanderson10

This Auction might give you an idea of how much it might be worth...I'd compare it to a few others and get some expert advice before asking for that price though. Could be worth more, could be worth less. Even a dealer might not even know, lol. Joe at the Gunbroker just sold a .416 for at least $1000 less than it was worth.

7. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Unless it has a documented unusual history, or an unusual factory option like target sights or Ivory grips, it is not to uncommon. I see that model bring $450 +/- on gunbroker. Good stories help sell guns, lot of people buy the story and not the gun, it should always be the other way. A pristine gun should bring top dollar, maybe $600 plus.

I think the seller has over priced it, no bids with one day to go. That one looks like a $600 gun.

8. ghanderson10

I wouldn't know :p

The most historic that I'd care to go is WWII

9. Frog

Yo madcratebuilder,

Not much of a story.

The reciept that was in the box is from The Chicago Gun Store dated 1927 and made out to some guy named Wess or Mess?? The first name starts with a E. It's all there, but the paper is old.

Damn, wouldn't 'that' be a story!! Of course I'm kidding. Last time the gun was traded was in 1970, somewhere in Maryland. The paper work is still in transit. :D

Frog.