JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am buying a revolver for target shooting so most will work with at least a 4inch barrel or longer. Smith and Wesson, Ruger or Colt or Dan Wesson. Target hammer and target trigger is a plus. This will be a cash transaction . Contact me with what you might like to sell. IQuick response from me.Thamk You

If you are interested in just Target shooting then I would suggest you look at the Smith and Wesson Model 14 with a 6" barrel. The newer guns come with a full Underlug barrel which puts the weight forward and can provide something of a more stable shooting platform. That would be my recommendation.:)

Target shooting bowling pins require fast reloads. You might want to think of a
wheel gun cut for moon clips Smith and Wesson offers 357/38 cut for moon clips
in 6 shot, 7 shot and 8 shot.
178055_01_lg_0_0.jpg

I am buying a revolver for target shooting so most will work with at least a 4inch barrel or longer. Smith and Wesson, Ruger or Colt or Dan Wesson. Target hammer and target trigger is a plus. This will be a cash transaction . Contact me with what you might like to sell. IQuick response from me.Thamk You
I have a GP100.

If you aren't in a big hurry--keep an eye out for a used Bullseye or PPC revolver. Clark Custom.
Bill Davis and a whole bunch of well known and not-so-known gunsmiths built them. Most I've
seen are built on a S&W mdl. 10 or 14, and are full custom 38 special target guns. PPC
isn't as popular as it was in the past, and the old shooters are--well--getting old. I've seen
some incredible deals in the past few years on some beautiful PPC revolvers!

Even a used PPC revolver is going to be a bit more expensive than a basic gun. The Custom work was pricey and the owners are trying to get some of the cost back. At least the ones I have seen. While most at real tack drivers they do require the better ammo to produce those results. Which means more dollars for their "Food".

Even a used PPC revolver is going to be a bit more expensive than a basic gun. The Custom work was pricey and the owners are trying to get some of the cost back. At least the ones I have seen. While most at real tack drivers they do require the better ammo to produce those results. Which means more dollars for their "Food".
Thanks for the info .....

I've seen some "old school" PPC guns sell for crazy low prices. Usually not being sold by the
original owner/shooter, but as part of an estate. Agree they need handloaded ammo to come anywhere close to their potential--but that's part of the fun. Personally I wouldn't know where to
go if I wanted to shoot a local PPC match---but I am kicking myself for not buying one just as
a casual shooter.

It used be that to shoot PPC you had to be:
1. An Active/Reserve /Retired LEO.
2. A Police Firearms Instructor.

I'm pretty sure the Rules have changed but I'm just not sure what the new requirements. You can find the Marches in a current NRA magazine.

As for the load: a 148gr. HBWC in either a .38 Special or .357 Magnum - depending on what caliber the gun was - case with a 2.6grs. - a 3.5grs. of Bullseye or WW-231.

Good Luck.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top