JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amazing that you can speak for all teachers. I'm pretty sure that if you simply eliminate stupid GFZs, there would be plenty of teachers interested in their own defense and possibly the defense of their kids.

The antis always make it seem like people want to force the 70yo librarian to pack a gun.

I remember once I asked my wife, who is a public school teacher, if she would rather or rather not have her 9㎜ as a last means of defense if a school shooting was going down. She answered with a second's hesitation of "of course I would".

Around that same time, we were getting dressed for a Saturday; she going shopping, me headed to the office. While talking and dressing she put a pistol in a nylon holster and pulled a dress up and a blouse down to conceal said. I didn't say anything, but thought "she can protect herself and our children whilst out, but her students are at the mercy of an evil nut if it ever goes down."

And, agreed, the whole "gun free zone" is one of the most intensely idiotic notions in our society. As if a psychotic, a terrorist, or gang-banger gives a damn about the little plastic sign outside.

my thought was 'no such thing as illegal gun' in the same way 'no such thing as 'illegal person', etc.

It they can diddle with definitions so can we.:mad:
Understood, but we, collectively, as gun owners haven't done such a good job of feeding their words back to them. Needs to be a consistent barrage, they need to know what it feels like! :D

my thought was 'no such thing as illegal gun' in the same way 'no such thing as 'illegal person', etc.

It they can diddle with definitions so can we.:mad:

Exactly? Those educated idiots don't even know the true definitions of certain words or I should say do not care.

Infringe or impaired is not in their vocabulary so they do not consider that crossing the line.:rolleyes:

What about school shootings. Another shooting today. There will quickly be a point in which firearm violence becomes too much of a public health crisis. Many more lawful gun owners, but the small percentage of unlawful acts perpetrated by illegal guns is a significant risk to gun ownership for all.

Arming teachers is not a solution. Teachers want to teach children.

Find a solution to reduce gun violence and gin suicides, if you want to preserve the right to bear arms.

Make parents legally liable for the actions of their kids. I mean really liable, and not just a slap on the wrist. Make the school district legally liable for what happens on their grounds. As in, bad things happen on your watch, and you lose your jobs.

If my dog bites someone, I am legally liable. If someone comes to my business and harms someone else, I would be liable. If one of my employees hurts someone while on the job, I am potentially liable. The rest of private sector already lives with this responsibility.

Oh Boy! OFF sure does have a grandiose, over the top, over reaction to things! That link was about as useless as bumps on a toad! Yea, the Senator flipped, so what, they still need one more to get what they want, and NO the O.S.P. isn't going out in search for them and force them to show and vote! Come On dude, lets be real here and tell it how it actually is and stop with the fire and brimstone!

Here's my email to Knopp...

Thank you Senator Knopp for showing your true colors and for your lack of commitment to a balanced Republic. Apparently you agree with democrats and their tax and spend legislation as well as restrictive legislation that handcuffs parents and their rights to decide what's best for their children, not to mention their trampling on the Oregon Constitution.

I for one will utilize all the resources I can muster to ensure that turncoat republicans are removed from power, there's a term for folks like you Republican In Name Only...

Thanks for selling us out!

Regards,
Nammac
West of Portland, OR 97124

Continue to encourage the republican caucus to stand firm and not give into the ruling party... Things are out of control and this is the only tool to drag the ruling party back to the table and kill some of these measures and modify others, to best serve the interests of Oregonians...

Senate Republicans continue disappearing act, deny Democrats quorum for a third day

Just one Republican, Sen. Tim Knopp of Bend, appeared on the floor. Knopp has been serving as a sort of emissary for the caucus, allowing them to send their message to the Democrats on the floor without actually providing enough members for the Senate to conduct business.

That's great that the Rs have walked out, and I'm glad Senator Knopp has not "sold out". However, he, and all Rs, need to leave the state - they can negotiate via email, etc. They will hunt them down and haul them back by force if they remain in the state. ONLY after the negotiations are complete should they move back into the state; and they should have some mechanism to ensure the Ds stick to the deal they make with them.

That's great that the Rs have walked out, and I'm glad Senator Knopp has not "sold out". However, he, and all Rs, need to leave the state - they can negotiate via email, etc. They will hunt them down and haul them back by force if they remain in the state. ONLY after the negotiations are complete should they move back into the state; and they should have some mechanism to ensure the Ds stick to the deal they make with them.
I agree. After all, there's precedent for this tactic.

Wis. Democrats Flee To Prevent Union Bill Vote

Are there any way the Supermajority can pass bills without any of the Rs present? I am genuinely curious about that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top