JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Repeal the 2nd Amendment? Yes, Please Try

[H]ere's the million-dollar question: What the hell are they waiting for? Go on, chaps. Bloody well do it.
Man up. Put together a plan, and take those words out of the Constitution.

You're going to need a plan. A state-by-state, county-by-county, street-by-street, door-to-door plan. A detailed roadmap to abolition that involves the military and the police and a whole host of informants — and, probably, a hell of a lot of blood, too.

Sure, there are probably between 20 and 30 million Americans who would rather fight a civil war than let you into their houses. Sure, there is no historical precedent in America for the mass confiscation of a commonly owned item — let alone one that was until recently constitutionally protected. Sure, it's slightly odd that you think that we can't deport 11 million people but we can search 123 million homes. But that's just the price we have to pay. Times have changed. It has to be done: For the children; for America; for the future. Hey hey, ho ho, the Second Amendment has to go.

Trying to change the constitution is a potentially scary thing. Most people thought the 16th amendment (federal income tax) wouldn't have a chance. Guess what? It happened anyways. It opened the gateway for a LOT of our federal governmental abuses today.

My fear is that the 2nd Amendment will be "regulated" to point of being ..well pointless...
Why face the fight that might / will ensue with a repeal when you can make all the ways and means of firearm ownership too much of a hardship to bother...
Andy

My fear is that the 2nd Amendment will be "regulated" to point of being ..well pointless...Andy
It's a fear that many people feel because IT just might happen. Hopefully, many folks will finally get off the couch and go to the Polls and start telling Certain others just how they really feel about the 2th. I really think it's either that or we'll be looking at another Civil War in this Country. It's NOT a pleasant thought but I went to War to protect the 2th before and maybe it will have to happen again.

Sometimes you read something and you don' know who posted it or what their agenda is posting it. Ban the second Amendment? Its going to be difficult under the rule of law to take away a right. I think the call for it is to get folks stirred up and I wont' fall for this fake news. I have coffee to drink and cookies to eat and that doesn' mix with bs.:D

I just can't believe as Americans we have already let them get this much ground on us our founding fathers would be ashamed remember these are the people who tax our tax returns

In the 60s when politicians were being assassinated there was a big call for more gun control and they hit us with the 68 gun control act. Took the killing of two Kenedys and Martin Luther King to make mail delivered gun illegal, regulate gun sizes and register 22lr ammo on purchase. You still can't buy a gun through the mail.

That was 50 years ago and they still haven't confiscated guns. It's too big of an emotional political issue to solve it and so much money is collected on both sides so they keep it going.. Government can solve most of the problems we have but can't raise money without emotional problems so they won't.

Will they take your guns away? What then and what happens when they try? The left has been after your guns all my life but democrats when they owned the Whitehouse and Congress they didn't do a thing, there is no money in solving problems.o_O

Whenever I hear threats of this type I am reminded of all the Boston SERT posers driving around neighborhoods harrassing the locals while one stupid teenager with no plan A or plan B escaped their tactical stranglehold.

It took a citizen to notice the dweeb hiding in a boat to bring him to justice.

And of course the SERT posers strutted through town to the cheering sheep...thanking them for cussing at them and pointing weapons at them...mmmm,baaaaa baaaaa!

Now imagine ten fit men with a plan-A, B, C...

My fear is that the 2nd Amendment will be "regulated" to point of being ..well pointless...
Why face the fight that might / will ensue with a repeal when you can make all the ways and means of firearm ownership too much of a hardship to bother...
Andy
The would roll back to Nikita Kruschev's prediction that the US will collapse from within, not an outside enemy.

The would roll back to Nikita Kruschev's prediction that the US will collapse from within, not an outside enemy.
It wasn't a prediction, it was a strategy... and a message to The Enemy Within about how to carry it out.

Cloward-Piven didn't just come out of nowhere, ya know...

Last Edited:
My interpretation of the various meanings contained in the 2nd amendment. Does anybody disagree? Which part and why?

A well regulated militia
- The government could theoretically draft anyone's sevice in an emergency situation. I also correlate it to the old school LEO's deputizing people when manpower was needed.
being necessary to the security of a free State - means the security of the people as the people are the nation/state. This has MANY more implications than warfare on the national level. i.e. fighting criminal gangs, disaster relief/SHTF situations, etc..
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed:
people -
every free citizen.
keep
- possess in their homes/property or wherever they happen to be.
bear arms - carry a weapon ready for use. Not limited to firearms.
Arms - Anything that a LEO or a standard military infantryman might be expected to carry in the performance of their duties. I don't think this includes machine guns, rockets or tanks as the "standard" infantryman or LEO doesn't carry them on a daily basis.
right and shall not be infringed - Duh?

Do I think the government should be able to draft from the prisons or the mentally ill? No. Therefore I don't mind the mentally ill or felons currently serving their sentences to not be allowed to "keep and bear arms". Felons or released prisoners shouldn't be on the streets if we don't have at last a decent degree of public trust in them. If parole is approved for a felon, sure, don't let them have a weapon. However the hand of justice should come down like the wrath of God on the person who violated his parole (violating his honor and public trust). Parole has a lot of historic meanings to it. People should look it up and/or be familiar with the true meaning of the word.

I don't think we as a society would be having these gun control debates if we, as a society, still valued an individuals sense of honor. Without honor being more important to the people of the US, I don't see citizens keeping their rights intact in the long term. Any of their rights.

Government is responsible for disarming it's citizens throughout the class rooms [Teachers, Janitors, school moms etc.] of these United States. The last line of defense they and our children had, is by law taken from them. Signs posted No guns, School zone.

How far are they willing to go next?
I really don't know, revoke our constitutions 2nd amendment? Or just keep putting the blame on the fire arm and not the fact the signs and this damn law removing the rights of our citizen teachers and staff, that has proven to to all of us to be a wrongful error on the part of those that support it.

That law and those signs are responsible for many of the lost lives we have been forced to endure. These mental cases treat the unarmed students and teachers as though this is a video game that doesn't shoot back. It is time to take them down and give back our teachers and staff the right to defend themselves.

Disarming American citizens is like sending the world a big [Dumb] Sign. Remember World Wars do happen other countries do invade and we will be on short notice if they ever do.

True. Though I don't think a 3 round burst is even practical for anything other than suppressive fire. I don't know anyone who used it for anything other than messing around. I think they left that to trick military folks that they were using "military" weapons. If they left a full auto feature the government would become broke, quickly.

Isn't the Democrat's Platform on gun control almost the same thing as a repeal? OK, maybe it's just a starter, with more things to come.

BTW, what do the Democrats want, as it relates to gun control?

Guns
"To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets."

Taken from: What the Democratic Platform Says About Guns, Abortion

How can Democrats claim that they want only, "reasonable and common sense gun laws," when it's clear that they want to follow the Brady Bunch?

With that in mind....I don't mind that the Republicans are said to favor the NRA.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR